iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My new sawmill build

Started by Piddler, February 07, 2018, 08:40:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piddler

I'm getting ready to start my new sawmill build. I've been wearing out youtube and this forum, gathering plenty of info. I am copying most of Joshs (mazdathumps) build. Don't think he would mind. I am going with 18.75 wheels from surplus center and the h style taper lock bushings, they are (keyed.) I have read on here that keylsee are better . I was also debating on an idler tension pulley or centrifugal clutch . But the extreme duty clutches I've found are only rated up to 13hp and I plan on using an18 hp. was wondering about giving it a try anyway or would it be a waste. Has anyone on here tried this combo before.
When I ask the same question more than once please excuse me since I suffer from (CRS)

Kwill

I like josh's build. Wish I would have seen it before I started my build. Good
Luck with the build. I will enjoy seeing the pics.
Built my own hydraulic splitter
Built my own outdoor wood stove
Built my own log arch
built my own bandsaw sawmill
Built my own atv log arch.
Built my own FEL grapple

Kbeitz

E-bay has 18 hp centrifugal clutches for $100.00.
24 hp for $280.00
I can't see why a keyless hub would be better than one with a key.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

york

Could somebody post a link for this Mazdathumps guy-i can not find him....thanks.
Albert

Darrel

Welcome to the forum Piddler. I'll stay tuned. I like a good build thread.  popcorn_smiley
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Crusarius

gww

York
What you ask about is near the end of this thread.
http://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,82695.900.html
piddler
I see you are in the right place and these guys will help.  Kbeitz has a good build thread with lots of great ideals.  I looked for his build thread but could not find a link.  Maby he will post it.
Good luck
gww

Piddler

Thanks everyone for the replies and help. I'm learning my way around on here. By the way I will be using 1-5/16 axle shaft out of the head drive for a continuous miner. I think they should hold up pretty well. I would say that I am not the first to use axles for this.
When I ask the same question more than once please excuse me since I suffer from (CRS)

Piddler

I was referring to the shafts for my 18.75 blade wheels. (Just to clarify my previous post)

Kbeitz

Quote from: gww on February 08, 2018, 10:31:15 AM
York
What you ask about is near the end of this thread.
http://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,82695.900.html
piddler
I see you are in the right place and these guys will help.  Kbeitz has a good build thread with lots of great ideals.  I looked for his build thread but could not find a link.  Maby he will post it.
Good luck
gww

http://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,82853.0.html
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!