Merry Christmas

Started by thecfarm, December 18, 2016, 09:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

I want to wish Logrite a very Merry Christmas.
Seem like you guys are always there with a gift to help out a contest on the FF. And you have made up a contest to give things away. Thanks for stepping up to the plate.
Looking forward to seeing you in Bangor,ME next year.     logrite_cool
                                                 :christmas:
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Tam-i-am

Ray - thanks for the sentiment.

We do it because we think of FF members as our family. 

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Maybe this year you can come down to our Open House. ;)
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Jeff

Big thanks from me too Sis!  ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ox

Logrite rules!  Thanks for what you do.

By the way, best cant hooks I've ever used.  :)

How about a pickaroon/hookaroon with a D handle on the end for dragging timber around on the ground?
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Tam-i-am

Do you want a pulp hook with a handle?
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Ox

I'm not sure.  I use the 30" hookaroon a lot for dragging timber around in the woodlot.  If I had a nice D handle on the end of it, my arthritis wouldn't hurt near as bad from having to hang on to the hookaroon as hard.  I know I'm mis-using that hookaroon but it's just so handy to stab and drag stuff!  And it's held up to alot, I must say.  I'm 6'2" and weigh around 270 so I can lean into her pretty good, at least for a little while till my hands and back quit working.

I've never used a pulp hook.  Not for timber, at least, only for hay bales a little back in the day to see if I liked it.  I preferred use using the twine.

I'm needing something that I don't have to lean down to use, that I can swing-stab a log and drag it around and be able to hang on easier without just relying on a squeeze grip.  Do you have any suggestions for this?  I have a pair of timber tongs that are quite handy but I have to bend over every time to use them.  I know this sounds like a pansy-ish thing to say (about the bending over), but I have degenerative spine disease.  The less bending, the better off I am.  :)
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools