iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Looking for saw blades

Started by Fla._Deadheader, March 30, 2003, 09:48:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

I am looking for 2   14" insertable tooth saw blades and collars for them, if possible. Shaft size does not matter?  I'm gathering parts to build an edger.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Kevin_H.

Sorry cant help you out on the blades, but I feel s'more pictures a comming... 8) 8) 8)
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Fla._Deadheader

Even an old edger that could be broken down and shipped might be OK.
   First, it is ridiculed;

Larry

Deadhaeader,

Hunting for something like this old Corley?

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Fla._Deadheader

Yeah Larry. Looks like the one I had in Arkansas. What's the story on that one??
   First, it is ridiculed;

Larry

Found it out in the brush behind a big sawmill.  Two cases of refreshments and I became the new owner.  Needs to be restored but never have got round-to-it yet.

I did see a similar one at a sawmill auction a few years ago and it didn't bring very much money so you might check out the auctions in Timberline.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

Fla._Deadheader

First, it is ridiculed;

Bro. Noble

Hey Larry,

Wanna sell that pile of junk?-----Looks newer than our old Corley.  We are looking for another one.

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Larry

Deadheader,
Timberline is a trade magazine that comes out bout every month or so along with 4 or 5 others like Pallet News.  They don't cost anything but sure do fill up the mailbox.  Them guys must think I have a REAL sawmill.  Just looked around the easy chair and couldn't find  one but the next time it shows up in the mailbox I will let you know the telephone number so you can get a free subscription.

Noble,
Even though I haven't got around to restoring that old Corley I don't think I want to part with it quite yet.  The collars are froze, and pineapple rollers need a little attention but the bearings are good.  If I see another one round here I will give you a shout.

Fla._Deadheader

First, it is ridiculed;

Ron Wenrich

I talked to a guy this morning that had a 3 saw Tower edger for $800, in PA.  He says it works, but needs some table work.  Sure would be cheaper than building one.  Long drive, though.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Fla._Deadheader

Thanks Ron. We used to go to Jersey, bow hunting every fall. That would make the trip worthwhile. I'll keep yer post on file, in case I decide to look the guy up. What would you estimate the weight to be?? I used a loader to move it both times, so, can't be sure what the Corley weighed.
   First, it is ridiculed;

dail_h

HEY DEADHEADER,
   I got an old Frick,no shaft or saws you can have to come get.Shaft and saws lost at machine shop .It's in three parts,so I could load it with tractor.
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Fla._Deadheader

Thanks Dail. The most important parts are missing ??  I will file yer post and see what I can find. Might have a use for that Frick, if I can find the parts.
   First, it is ridiculed;

KURT_STURZ

Hey Ron,

I'd be interested in that edger in PA. Would you share the info with me, or have someone contact me?

Kurt
Kurt Sturzenbecker

Fla._Deadheader

DanG. There goes that one.  Guess I'll hafta apply to the S.S.S.S. for some secret info about edgers?? :'(
   First, it is ridiculed;

Ron Wenrich

How hard is it to find a used edger?  Right now, there are 14 edgers in the sawmill exchange ranging in price from $1500-$12,000.  The $12,000 job is a really big edger, and can only be used in big mills.

Does your state have some sort of listing for forestry goods?  Our state has one that lists equipment, timber, lumber, jobs, and services.  If used to be free until they turned it over to a lumber organization.  

There are lots of sawmill auctions.  I bought a good used Frick for $1500 a few years ago.  Recently, a modular automatic mill went for $4250.  Siome really good buys at auctions, especially now.  Once you get on a list, they keep sending you brochures.

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Fla._Deadheader

I really can't afford to buy an edger. A "junk" price is what I need, OR, some blades and collars. I spend evenings, after dark, to work on most of my projects, and can "nickel and dime" a project until it is finished. I may have LOTS of time invested, but, material is not real expensive. I check Sawmill Exchange near every day.
   First, it is ridiculed;

dail_h

Hey Deadheader,
   I just remembered an old Corley ,I think it is living in the bushes near hear.It will be the weekend before I can check on it ,should be priced right.
      Volume Discount At ER

Fla._Deadheader

Dail. I have GREAT confidence in ya, SON!! That's the kinf of machine I am looking for. See what the owner might want and if it's under $200.00, you MIGHT pay him and I will send the money immediately!!! Needs to be as complete as possible with the saws and shafts. Big favor asked, but, I am prepared to do what I said. Thanks a bunch,  Harold
   First, it is ridiculed;

dail_h

Hey Deadheader,
   Checked on edger today.Not where I thought it was,talkrd to owner,it's not where he thought it was.If anyone thinks they kmow where it is ,it sure would help this investigation.Oh shoot,I'm sorry,the search continues
      Volume Discount At ER

Tom

My wife would say....."where did you have it last?"

dail_h

I tried that Tom,it ain't there :'( :'( :'(
      Volume Discount At ER

Fla._Deadheader

Maybe ya can't get to it from where you were?? Try going someplace else and see if ya can get to it from there?? ::) :) :)

I'm still interested. Thanks for tryin. :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Thank You Sponsors!