iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

THE GOAT DID IT! A brand spanking NEW WOODMIZER!

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, January 02, 2018, 06:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I pulled the trigger today and ordered a Brand New LT40HDD35.9 W I D E Head 2018 model.

Ordered if from Joe Whitley at WM Albemarle, N.C.

It is projected to be ready in 4 weeks.

I got the wide head and ordered the 35.9 hp Diesel engine.
I will be running the 7 degree turbo blades....they will be a longer blade due to the wide head.

I ordered the simple set....I prefer this over accuset.

Lube mizer, HP Blade guides and 4 side supports.

I'll have 2 mills for a while and maybe put my first mill up for sale or run 2 mills to see how it goes.
I'll wait and see. Maybe 1 mill for quick portable jobs that pay very well in my area.

But I'm excited! Can't wait to see how the Turbo 7's saw with that diesel engine.

I'll post pictures when I go to pick it up.  8).............Go ORANGE!
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

MP_Wall

Congrats on the purchase, now the wait for delivery.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

loganworks2

Magicman

L I B you did it.  I see that you took my advice and ordered exactly what I suggested.  ;D 

Congrats my Friend!!
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on January 02, 2018, 07:00:39 PM
L I B you did it.  I see that you took my advice and ordered exactly what I suggested.  ;D 

Congrats my Friend!!

Yep....your name came up..........."and David, who do we make the bill out to?"  :D :D :D :D :D

47sawdust

Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: 47sawdust on January 02, 2018, 07:04:52 PM
$169 bucks right!

Yep..and I got the last one.  :D :D :D

But I had until Jan. 31st to get that winter savings.

Magicman

This is the second time that $$$ has come up between us today.   The first.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ga Mtn Man

Well, that's one way to have a spare engine on hand.   Congrats!
"If the women don't find you handsome they should at least find you handy." - Red Green

2012 LT40HDG29 with "Superized" hydraulics,  2 LogRite cant hooks, home-built log arch.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on January 02, 2018, 07:09:14 PM
This is the second time that $$$ has come up between us today.   The first.

I saw that but was waiting on a good 1 to come up with in my mind to throw a reply to you....but now you've called me out.  :D :D :D

Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Andries

Hey, great news!
Congratulations!
. . . and goodbye throttle position sensors.  :D
You can start looking for even wider watermelons now.
;D
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Andries on January 02, 2018, 07:17:31 PM
Hey, great news!

You can start looking for even wider watermelons now.
;D

I can turn them sideways and saw against the grain and make watermelon noodles.  :D :D :D

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

WV Sawmiller

Congratulations. Now we need to set up a pool to see who saws into the side supports first - You or Kirk.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Dave Shepard

Congratulations! I've done a bit of sawing with a 34 hp Kubota and the .045" Turbo 7s. Its a good combination.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

DPatton

Wow  :o :o :o the goat must have found a cash cow. First a new Grizzly planer and now a new Woodmizer wide with a diesel. I bet Woodmizer didn't advertise their unit for $169.00. ;D
But seriously congrats on the new mill!  :new_year:
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Dave Shepard on January 02, 2018, 07:57:04 PM
This is a walk along mill?

Yes...I thought long about the stationary control but I'm so used to walking along keeping an eye on everything I just kept it the same.

paul case

IS this a new years fools joke? No man can run 2 mills.

I am proof.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Sixacresand

Congratulations on the new mill.  That tells me that you are successful and like what you are doing. Way to go. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Ohio_Bill

Congratulations  Sir  , Very happy for you .
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

YellowHammer

Congratulations, I can't wait to hear what kind of adventures you and your mill will get into.

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Thank You Sponsors!