iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ALMOST

Started by pasbuild, August 06, 2005, 12:55:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pasbuild

Made it to the pig roast, I was about 70 miles north when my trans. craped out >:( it was the 3ed one for that truck and had only been in for 2 weeks, less then 600 miles on it >:( I turned around by Gaylord and limped back over the bridge. Needless to say my fun meter is pegged with that truck, time to get a new one. Well I'm not known as the life of the party so I'm sure yall will have a good time without me :(
If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Fla._Deadheader

WOW, that's gotta hurt. I mighta called Da Boss and had him pick me up, if I was that close  ::) ;D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

Thats what we were tinkin. We would have come and gotcha!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

pasbuild

Well I had a decision to make, keep going and hope I make it to Da Boss's or turn around and head for home. I didn't want to just leave it were it was and have to deal with it later, my work schedule would not permit that  so I decided  to head for St Ignace as it was closer then Harrison were we have friends that could help us out. Believe me its NOT what I wanted to do its what I felt I had to do :'( I was really looking forward to the second annual piggy roast the wife cleared her work schedule and I had made several door prizes.

Paul_H

Sorry you missed it Bob,I enjoyed meeting you and Colleen last year.Those look like DanG fine door prizes.

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Fla._Deadheader

Boy Howdy.  :o :o  They sure DO look nice.  ;) :)

Izzat some kinda Maple ??  Color looks a little dark from here.  ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Corley5

You were right in my neighborhood.  16 miles north of Gaylord I-75 exit 301 and 7 miles west woulda got ya here.  MIGHTY fine looking door prizes 8)   
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

UNCLEBUCK

Wow pasbuild that sounds like no fun at all . I have Corley on my list of repair stops if and when I ever get to come to michigan . Been so long the road will look new . Thats a nice idea you made there with those very nice door prizes ! Well maybe see ya there next year
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

pasbuild

Heck Unclebuck I never had an original Idea in my life ??? Jeff collected door prizes from a bunch of different sources last year so that was going to be my [size=06pt]small [/size] contribution. Looking forward ta meeting ya next year.
Also adding Corley to my travel planer ( not just for repairs ) for when I'm in that neck of the woods.
Fla. Deadheader one of the items is birds eye and the other is curly can ya guess which one is which ;D

UNCLEBUCK

Yeah I agree , Corleys Garage ! Where you have a choice of paying for your repair by riding hayrack or running the shingle maker !  :D :D :D :D :D    Say that would have made somebody very happy to win a prize like you made there. 
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Corley5

8) 8)  Anytime guys :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

chet

Quote from: Corley5 on August 07, 2005, 10:38:33 PM
8) 8) Anytime guys :)

Dat's great  8)  8)   'cause I was plannin' on stopin' by da tractor barn with my big empty trailer. :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

pigman

pasbuild,  I think I was one of the two people that didn't win a prize at the piggy roast. :(  So you can send that first one to me. ;D :D I'm sure the other non winner will let you know so you can send the other prize to them. ;)  I would rather have that clock than the new bandmill chet won. ::)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Kirk_Allen

Lets see, free cant hooks, band blades, coolers, LOGRITE BROWNIES,  log scale charts, coffee mugs, Rust Reaper,  LOGRITE BROWNIES, hand saws, Antler Grow, cedar benches, LOGRITE BROWNIES, pictures with a real live gorilla, and did I mention SAWMILL 8) Still trying to figure how Chet got that one ;D 

Boy, did you folks miss a hooting good time!  Oh, almost forgot, a great time visiting with super folks from the FF.  Boy are them some story tellers ;D  Some may need to wright a book ;D

Dang, SAVE THEM CANS.  10 cents a piece in Michigan! 

DanG

Well NOW ya tell me!  Ifn Ida knowed dat, I coulda gone!  They bring 30 cents a pound here, and it takes a buncha cans to make a pound.  If Ida took them 770 pounds of'em ta Mich, I coulda bought a new truck fer tha trip home!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Furby

Quote from: Kirk Allen on August 08, 2005, 09:23:00 AM
Dang, SAVE THEM CANS. 10 cents a piece in Michigan!

The fine if ya get caught will be more then ya make taken the cans in! ;)

pasbuild

Pigman, If you want a chance at winning that clock your going to have to make an appearance at piggy roast 2006, I'll hang on to them untill next year and make sure that they get there ;)

Heres the truck update:
The trany shop sent me to a local repair shop for an inspection, turns out that my caddelitic convertor (sp?) was pluged, no power no shifting :(
If I knew just a little bit about auto mechanics I my have known what was happening and I could have beaten that CC to death with my hammer and continued on to da boss's :(

ElectricAl

Pasbuild,

I was in the same boat last year. I got about 70 miles from home and hit a big hole in the road. The head pipe broke and the exhaust caught the highway and ripped the entire system off my truck. The semi following finished it off :o

Linda and I custom saw NHLA Grade Lumber, do retail sales, and provide Kiln Services full time.

pigman

Quote from: pasbuild on August 08, 2005, 10:10:31 PM
Pigman, If you want a chance at winning that clock your going to have to make an appearance at piggy roast 2006, I'll hang on to them untill next year and make sure that they get there ;)
Chance! I don't want a chance.  My witch put a spell on me. If I was the only person there  I still would not win anything. :( ;) But I did win something. I got to meet a bunch of great people and had a big plate of the piggy and other food. 8)

CHARLIE

pasbuild, I sure was sorry to hear you got so close and had to turn back. The minute I heard, I volunteered to eat your share of the piggy, just so it wouldn't go to waste.

Pigman!  If I had known you didn't win anything I would have shared my Rust Reaper with you since I already had some at home. It's good stuff too.   
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

pasbuild

Thanks Charlie, no offence but a pretty average man could have eaten my share of the pig but it would have taken 2 or 3 pretty good men to eat the number of deserts that I had last year smiley_smug01

pigman

Quote from: CHARLIE on August 09, 2005, 02:40:43 AM

Pigman! If I had known you didn't win anything I would have shared my Rust Reaper with you since I already had some at home. It's good stuff too.
Even better than me winning anything , the witch won a pair of work cloves. 8) Now she won't have an excuse for not helping me saw. ;D

beenthere

I'm thinkin' nobody snapped a picture of the 'witch' when she showed up.  :-[
Shoulda had here 'fly' off the house roof with the gorilla (we're still thinking that the gorilla should never have 'survived' that jump, but hear that he had to jump clear of Tammy's flower bed or else  :) )

Pigman, you are lucky to have a nice 'witch'.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Buzz-sawyer

-Now Bob
I talked to that lady a long bit........cause I have met several witches before, and wanted to verify the fact........now if that lady is a witch then your a munkeys uncle!! ;) :D :D :D
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Thank You Sponsors!