iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Venison Garlic Bologna

Started by 21incher, March 25, 2015, 04:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

Today I had the best tasting bologna I have ever tasted. Last year I allowed a neighbor's coworker and his wife to hunt on my property. Christmas eve they surprised us and dropped off a very large bag of professionally processed vacuum packed frozen venison wishing my wife and I a merry Christmas. Among the items was a package of bologna that I defrosted and tried today. I made a sandwich with a slice of Swiss and some fresh picked lettuce that was amazing. I can't wait to try the Canadian bacon tenderloin that was in the bag along with steaks and burger. Just watched 7 deer run past my window and they look real fat and healthy for this time of the year. :)

Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

kwendt

Yummy! I just use the last of the Venison hamburger in a big ol pot of chili... (2nd pot of the winter). Nothing like it. But then I'm not creative enough to do bologna! Nor spam... shudder. he he he!
87 acres abandoned northern Maine farm and forest to reclaim. 20 acres in fields, 55 acre woodlot: maple, spruce, cedar and mixed. Deer, bear, moose, fox, mink, snowshoe and lynx. So far: a 1950 Fergie TO-20, hand tools, and a forge. (And a husband!)

21incher

We also just did a big pot of venison chili. I think it tastes much better then chili made with ground beef.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

sandhills

I haven't hunted the last 2 years, I miss venison chili, I usually would mix half ground beef/ half venison for it.

drobertson

I've noticed a rise in the popularity of wild game bologna, it seems that fried is also popular, covered with jalapenos, that one sure looks fit for eat'n! I see pepper jack on that rascal,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

21incher

Quote from: drobertson on April 12, 2015, 07:55:27 AM
I've noticed a rise in the popularity of wild game bologna, it seems that fried is also popular, covered with jalapenos, that one sure looks fit for eat'n! I see pepper jack on that rascal,,
I think it was the best flavored lightly smoked bologna I have ever had.  Getting ready to dig into the smoked Canadian bacon tenderloin next. The best part is there are 7 deer living in my swampy area now so hopefully there will be more to come. :)

Thank You Sponsors!