our customer and a member story

Started by Tam-i-am, March 16, 2019, 08:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

Mike, a very green customer came in to get a peavey to move his logs.
A tree had come down in his yard and he had another that would need to come down.  Since they were chestnut he decided to have them milled.  Terrific Timbers told him to prep the logs by moving them to the driveway and suggested Mike contact us.

When Mike came in and purchased the peavey he asked if I could show him how to use a peavey.  I gave him a quick demo on a cardboard box and tire as I was not going out in the snow to do a demo. ;D  Then he showed me the pics of his logs and where he needed to move them.  In my opinion he was awfully ambitious as he had a long way to go and they need to be turned around!(I don't like that much physical work and would have used an arch)  He also asked for some advice about drying his wood so we went and found Kevin who gave him more advice.  

The advice and peavey got the job done and the customer sent pics.  I hope Mike or Terrific Timbers sends more pics as this project progresses. <br

Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Tam-i-am

I forgot

Mike had this to say, "Kevin was spot on about getting the log on a pivot point.  Took maybe 30 minutes and I got the log all the way to the driveway.  Thank you for making the BEST peavey ever!!!"  

Southside

Quote from: Tam-i-am on March 16, 2019, 08:58:31 AMMike, a very green customer came in to get a peavey to move his logs

So Tam - Are you saying that your customer himself requires kiln drying?  Are you afraid of checking, warping, or other degrade issues during the drying process?  :D :D   
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Tam-i-am

Quote from: Southside logger on March 16, 2019, 12:27:37 PM
Quote from: Tam-i-am on March 16, 2019, 08:58:31 AMMike, a very green customer came in to get a peavey to move his logs

So Tam - Are you saying that your customer himself requires kiln drying?  Are you afraid of checking, warping, or other degrade issues during the drying process?  :D :D  

:D :D :D :D :D :D

This poor guy learned to use his new chainsaw on this project!
And yes after he air dries his lumber for a bit he will need to find someone with a kiln.