iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cut some panel'n

Started by DonE911, November 24, 2005, 10:10:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonE911

My wife wanted some rustic panel for a bathroom in the cabin.

whacha think?

I think I'm gonna put it up green and then come back after it shrinks and put some battens up.

dewwood

If the blue tarp is your bathroom it looks like it could use a little more paneling to tighten it up a little! :)
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

beenthere

DonE911

Looks like it is prime panelling. Has it been laying there on the ground very long?
Can't tell much about it from just the picture  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

DonE911

Blue tarp??    :) :) it's a vacation rental cabin so its got a runnin water and everyth'n

The tree itself was on the ground about a year....  its a chestnut oak....  funny thing is that the tree blew over in a storm, but enough roots survived to keep the tree alive while laying onthe ground....  when I cut this log the tree was full of acorns.    Got some hickory, red oak and white oak that are all the same....  still livin just laying on the ground or a few inches above it.

If you ment has it been laying on the ground stacked like that for long....  then no... I just cut it about an hour before and snapped a few pic's as the light was failing...   

There is not enough of it to do the entire bathroom, so It'll stay stacked there for a few days....  The other logs (3 total)  from this tree are about 4th back in my pile so I have to cut some hickory and red oak logs to get to it.

jpad_mi

That will look great on the walls. All that character will make it look very rustic.

If it were me, I'd put the battens up at the same time as the boards. Only because I never seem to get around to finishing things once their functional.
Jeff P. in Michigan

DonE911

:D :D :D :D :D

My wife would say the same ting about me not finishing things up.... 

Ga_Boy

Don,

It will look great!  Nail it up.
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

LeeB

Ya'll reckon this not finnishing things is a disease? I got it bad :D LeeB
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Fla._Deadheader

Lee, I believe that was one of the requirements on the application to join the Forum ?? ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

LeeB

I guess CFS goes hand in hand with CRS. :D LeeB
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Part_Timer

Don that is some real nice looking stuff.  Would make nice doors also.
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

DonE911

LeeB

At first I agreed with your statement about CRS/CFS working together.... 

but my wife has CRS in the worst way.... but she sure remembers every instance of my CFS     ... one must be the evil twin of the other
only use lucky few can have both  :D :D :D :D

Parttimer....  thats a good idea about the doors... I'll have to save some for the bathroom door. (if I can remember)

LeeB

Must be something in the genetics. I get the same thing here. :D :D :D LeeB

Thank You Sponsors!