iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Daughter's back surgery......Update

Started by Magicman, November 02, 2009, 07:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Our 43 year old Daughter, who has Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromialgia (spelling?) will have back surgery/fusion tomorrow morning at 7:30. This will be a "re-do" of a failed fusion job two years ago. She has gone through soooo much pain. Our prayer is that this one will work.

Your prayers please....
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Radar67

First one sent, more to follow. Hope it works out for her.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Tom

I've known many with that affliction and wouldn't wish it upon anyone.  A member, and dear friend, lost his wife a few years ago as a result of the medications she was taking to relieve the pain from Rheumatoid Arthritis.  The suffering  is never as bad to someone who hasn't experienced it.  We can only imagine.   May God be with her in this effort and I hope to goodness she finds some relief.

Don K

MM, Prayers sent and best wishes for a speedy and successful recovery.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

fishpharmer

MM, I have sent a prayer for your daughter. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Coon

Prayers go out to you from here on the prairies.  My wife has the same thing so I can very well understand the pain she is going through.

Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Fla._Deadheader

Good luck this time around. I know first hand what she is going through.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

mrcaptainbob

Step-Sister had severe arthritus. Medication was out for many other reasons. Lots of pain.
Our prayers are for your daughter.

SwampDonkey

Hoping everything works out man, that ain't no fun, surgery or the pain from the disease.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

IMERC

Quote from: Magicman on November 02, 2009, 07:38:49 PM
Our 43 year old Daughter, who has Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromialgia (spelling?) will have back surgery/fusion tomorrow morning at 7:30. This will be a "re-do" of a failed fusion job two years ago. She has gone through soooo much pain. Our prayer is that this one will work.

Your prayers please....

pulling for yur daughter and family...
good wishes to ya...
Who ever invented work didn't know how to fish.... Here fishy fishy....

thecfarm

I feel sorry for her.My thoughts and prayers are with her.I wish her lots of luck this time around.
What is your daughters name?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

jdtuttle

Our thoughts & prayers are with you, your daughter & your family.
Douglas'
Have a great day

timberfaller390

My girlfriend had spinal fusion done about 4 years ago, it never fused. She also has some hardware in there from the same surgery. Right after her surgery her insurance was canceled and she can't work so she can't have her back looked at again. The last time she had an x-ray they said the screws are pulling out of the bone. It is all she can do to get out of bed sometimes. She also does NOT qualify for disability or medicare so she's up the creek wihout a paddle. Magic man my prayers are with you I know how bad one of these surgeries is.
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

Raider Bill

Prayers uploaded, Hope all works out this time around.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

SPIKER

Mine was done just about 18 months ago, had 2 disks worked on, one partly removed the other nearly totally removed, not fused.  no hardware was put in.   I wasn't able to walk for over a month more than about 30' and spend all day/night laying flat on my back with my feet in the air.   This was only way I could breath from the pain.   I now dont have much feeling in my left leg below the knee.   which was according to docs a result of living with the compressed disk for 20 years.    I also dont get much of anything for it other than free pills which eat up my stomach and leave me unable to think straight.  (they dont help the pain/numbness any.)

so hope all is well with her & the operation
mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Magicman

Wow, you guys really came through.  Our daughter, Debra, came through the surgery OK.  She's in a lot of pain, but that was expected.  Dr. Patterson (Wesley Medical Ctr, Hattiesburg, Ms.) said that he could see why the previous fusion "didn't take".  If she can just avoid the infection issues that are so common nowdays, maybe she will be on the road to having some relief from constant back pain.

That is my prayer.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishpharmer

That's an answered prayer that she made it thru okay.  Thanks for the update.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Ron Scott

Good news so far. We are hoping for positive results.
~Ron

Warbird

Glad to hear it.  Keep us updated, we'll keep praying.

pappy19

Amen to that. I had disc surgery in 1990 and had disc remove between L4-5. Out of pocket for about a month but, thank the Good Lord, been dooing ok ever since. Thing is that  back doctors are like foresters. It's more art than science and some folks are better artists than others. Gotta find a good artist to do the work. Glad your daughter is doing good. Tell her to take it easy and make sure her back heals real good before doing anything rough.
2008 F-250 V-10
2007 Lincoln LT
1996 Ford Bronco
Kubota 900 RTV
Shindiawa fan

Thank You Sponsors!