iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A bird with no eyes.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, May 28, 2013, 09:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

A young Mockingbird flies under the shed and perches on the mill rail.
I'm stunned.....the bird had no eyes.
I slid my hand under it and it sat in my hand long enough for me to get pics. I took it out of the shed and held it for about a minute and it finally flew off to the woods.

I'm thinking.....is this possible? Well I saw it with my own eyes.

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

js2743

Poston how long has that lil guy been hanging around looking at you? :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: js2743 on May 28, 2013, 10:12:46 PM
Poston how long has that lil guy been hanging around looking at you? :D

Who knows? He can probably see better than me.  :D

Magicman

When I saw you, I'da shut my eyes too.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Magicman

Doesn't really matter, but I am not at all sure that it is a Mockingbird.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on May 28, 2013, 10:40:55 PM
Doesn't really matter, but I am not at all sure that it is a Mockingbird.

Well its not a Bat.  ;D

red

Dave dont get your Feathers Ruffled . . Happy Happy Happy
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

WDH

Maybe it is the rare toad-bird.   
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

clww

I think it's a finch. I had some of those guys a few years ago around the house I was living in. They developed some ailment during the summer, and several were observed with what appeared to be only one "working" eye. Never saw a blind bird taking flight, though. That takes much courage IMO. :)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Axe Handle Hound

I've never seen anything like that, no pun intended.  I'm amazed you were able to pick it up and get photos. 

metalspinner

The flash wouldn't have bothered it. ::) :D

I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Chuck White

It's interesting that it lasted this long.

Seems like a cat would have caught it or he'd have run into something and been gone!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Since it is obviously a fledgling, the adults may still be finding it and feeding it.  It will not survive very long.   :-\

Thank You Sponsors!