iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sleeping on a rock, upper Jack's fork, Labor Day

Started by drobertson, September 03, 2012, 04:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

We had a great Labor Day, camping with the In-Laws on the Upper Jack's Fork, and we did sleep on a rock.

Trail heading to the tents on a rock.

Just got the tent set up, 

Niece and nephew shucking some corn

Bout ready for some eating,

Melvyn, father in law, pretty much says it all, good eats on the river

Mountain man breakfast in the dutch oven with some brewed coffee, real nice,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Norm

Looks like a good time!

Nothing like getting away from it all.  :)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Warbird

drobertson

Hey WRB'd, you bet, but this hole is way up, it is the north prong of the Jack''s Fork, there was allot of water, meaning the hole in the photos about 4' deep. All toll, we(father in law) and me caught around 12, 6" smalleys, and a few sunfish, bluegill. Down river where there are holes in the 10-15 foot depth range with more chunk rock and structure, it gets better. there is a spring about 30yrds up from the blue and yellow tent, nice cool water, but not much in keepers.  We throw allot back, but a good fry is hard to beat. I think the little ones grow up here then migrated down after a year or so, or until the next good flood washes them down.  Thought Isaac would bring more rain and get us a lil more water, It was crystal clear, very nice, except for the moccosins, they are plentiful in the rocks and grass.  It is a great place for wildlife, saw more deer, and turkey than you can shake a stick at. This river holds mostly smalleys, a few large mouth, sunfish and the local favorite, suckers.
I wont' mention the rock bass(goggle eye) a local secret, no one wants to admit exist. They are the best. Better than crappie!  Have a good week, it is starting way to soon,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Thanks for the enjoyable pictures.

I like that family sized patio rock.   :)

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SPIKER

Looks like fun, we had a rainy weekend w the leftovers coming through starting Friday evening till sunday.   
I spent some time on Stockton lake and once on Lake Tablerock.   very pretty area with great fishing.   

MM
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

drobertson

Spiker, you must have had to leave early, Sunday after church here it turned off hot and muggy, today was perfect. Just Hot and muggy again. Glad to hear someone caught some fish, we did, just little ones, the kids had a blast, as well as us ole timers.  It is a good thing to be away from electronics  for awhile and just listen to nature at its best..    Have a great week!

thecfarm

And I thought I had some big rocks. I may have some that size,just have a little dirt over the top.  ;) Looks like a great time.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Texas Ranger

Having grown up in Missouri, been there, and enjoyed it.  Except for the seed ticks, ticks, and red bugs.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

drobertson

Well we have to thank Melvyn for sweeping the area for us. I think he got almost all of them picked up for us! I picked two off , the main issue this week end were the water moccasins.  I just don't like these criters.

clww

Great story and pictures. Sounds like everyone had a wonderful camping trip.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Thank You Sponsors!