iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need to Vent

Started by Woodboogah, September 02, 2014, 06:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwilly3879

This lady is a real nut job! Two years ago the county hired a contractor to replace a small bridge over the stream that her property is next to. Pretty much the same thing happened with the noise from the jackhammers, the construction traffic on a one lane dirt road and again her solitude was disturbed. This time it was the construction foreman who called the police after she began throwing rocks at the worker's. The trooper's arrived and she was screaming and carrying on and got so worked up that she actually passed out and was taken away in the ambulance. After being released from the hospital she returned to her apartment in Manhattan during the week an only came up here on weekends when no work was going on. She is well known around here and is one of the people that servers in restaurants are very happy when she leaves.

clww

We get some nutty neighbors on our sites sometimes. These are folks that have property adjoining areas we are clearing.
"You can't cut my trees!"
"Ma'am, they are not your trees. They are on this side of the property line."
"You're on my property!"
"We had a survey performed yesterday. It was filed at the court house. It is not your property."
It goes on and on. Some call the police, or the city council, or the tv satation.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

John Woodworth

I've goe through his  ime in the past, one occasion the greenies showed up while I was cutting along the state highway and purposely walked the side af the road claiming they were there to pick up trash, as the day went I had flag gears and a man running skidder and with the circumstances with changing wind I'd work one end till h wind ifed thn go to he other end and these people would come running to be where I was falling , I told them they were Ina dangerous situation, there reply was they had every rite to be there, the one woman was the biggest problem and I finally lost it when she came running after I had just shifted ends I threw a undercut in a tree and back cut so fast that that I cut my leg, she saw it comming and took off running, missed her buy inches, they got in ther car and left. Another time I was logging city street rite always and a litely raining day I lit off two burn piles, was sitting in my truck watching the fire when three school girls came up knocking on my window caking what I was doing, told them and they said thy didn't like me cutting trees so I asked them where they live Aand what they lived in Aand asked how they could live there and in a house without someone cutting a tree, no answere, meanwhile while one girl kept my attention the other two went over to my skidders and where trying to damage them, that's when I ran them off. My sentiment if you own the property or are paying the bills and every thing is league they can go to Hell ( pardon my language) I could go on forever on this topic, the longer your in it you will see it all. good Luck and don't let those jerks get you down, you are a better person than they can ever hope to be.
Two Garret 21 skidders, Garret 10 skidder, 580 Case Backhoe, Mobile Dimension sawmill, 066, 046 mag, 044, 036mag, 034, 056 mag, 075, 026, lewis winch

central pa

Some people say it takes a strong back and week mind to be a logger. But the way some of you fellows can talk it's a wonder you ain't some high flying anger management counselors

BargeMonkey

Quote from: central pa on September 04, 2014, 10:34:29 PM
Some people say it takes a strong back and week mind to be a logger. But the way some of you fellows can talk it's a wonder you ain't some high flying anger management counselors
most of us have been down this road, and losing your cool tends to cost lots of money.

central pa

Some off you older fellows would any way say I'm still wet behind the ears. So far we haven't really had any problems we've done mostly Forstered jobs. I really appreciate you're live and let live attitudes makes ya realize there's still some respectable people out there

Woodboogah

Well it has been fairly quiet since Tuesday.  I received a call from PSNH and was told that they have been receiving complaints for crossing under the transmission line and were just curious if I was the only operation out there still.  I said yes and told him what has been going on with the neighbor.  He went on to say when they trimmed back that lines they had issues with the same person that called on me.  No surprise to me.  I had the forest ranger out after that just to make a presence and walk the job with me for my piece of mind.  I figure these people were going to go right down the list of state agencies to try to get me for something.  He gave me the all clear, looks good to him and I thanked him and he left.  I got a call shortly after from the landowner and he told me that he had a scheduled meeting with the neighbor, police chief, and himself.  He went on to say that the police chief had just called him and the neighbor no longer wanted the meeting and was all set now.  I can only assume the forest ranger's truck parked in front of their house had something to do with that, I hope.  I am sure this will not be the last crazy I will have to deal with and I am proud of myself for being cool and calm, it was not easy but now I know it can be done!
Keenan Logging & Tree Care, LLC

Mbunten

Glad to hear things haven't gone to crazy yet. I work in law enforcement in a rural town, and have had to deal with the same thing several times. I know Brad Simpkins and quite a few of the Rangers, all are good guys and willing to work with people.  Good luck with everything.

Stay safe,
Matt
Carpenter, furniture and cabinet making. Maple sugaring, Christmas trees, seasonal firefighter and prescribed fire crew member, USDA Forest Service, NH-WMF

1970 JD350 with forestry package, JD 2038R with grapple and Igland 3501 winch. Stihl and Husky saws

Thank You Sponsors!