iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wind Load calculator

Started by Norwiscutter, June 25, 2008, 12:53:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norwiscutter

I know that there was one floating around here a while back. I think that maybe Don posted a link to it at one point. I think that it was a Canadian goverment site if I remember correctly.

Anyways, thanks in advance to anyone who can point me in the right direction.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Don P

I have a great memory it's just short. Hope somebody remembers  ???.

Are you needing windspeed for different locations or pounds per square foot loading based on wind speed?

chapter 3 here might have what you need  ???
http://www2.iccsafe.org/states/newjersey/NJ_Residential/Residential_Frameset.htm

Norwiscutter

Wind loading calculations for stick framed walls. The whole "wall heights over 10ft require wind load calculations or laminant studs" thing. 10 ft framed gable wall, 6 pitch parallel cord truss system with a gable drop truss over the wall. 

Don P

Norwiscutter

Great point, I will get in touch with them tommarrow. i will have to spend some time playing with that calculator to see if I can get what I need out of it. Worst case, I can run it by an  engineer, but would like to have the calculator as a reference for other future projects that are sure to require the same analysis.

Don P

Also in the codebook link above, chapter 6 (wall construction) is worth looking at if you haven't. Table 602.3.1 "Max allowable length of wall studs exposed to wind speeds of 100 mph or less"

Thank You Sponsors!