iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Results of our first kiln load

Started by AlaskaLes, July 30, 2015, 02:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlaskaLes

My wife and I are just starting to chew into the first load of Birch that we ran in the new L200M this Spring.

Had some concerns with regard to conditioning, but you guys helped me get that figured out, thanks again for that!

I thought I'd share a few pics of a project we just finished for a customer.   

Sorry if these come out sideways...the program flipped them when they downloaded and wouldn't let me fix it.
Pics fixed by Admin. Unit is cool enough to deserve some decent pics  ;)
You can see Mt McKinley from our backyard...Up Close!!

Mighty Mite MK 4B, full-hyd, diesel bandmill
Kubota 4wd 3650GST w/FEL; Forks;
3pt Log Arm& Log trailer
Husky 394XP
Husky 371XP
Husky 353
Echo 330T
Nyle 200M
Robar RC-50 50BMG-just in case the trees get out of line

Seaman

Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

WDH

Love the way that you incorporated the live edge.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

MattJ

That is awesome!  Beautiful design!

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Very nice. Love the live edge and the figure in the drawer facings is fantastic. Like the way you used one board to make all the facings and kept the figure lined up so it flows up/down the front.

Herb

Hilltop366

Quote from: PC-Urban-Sawyer on July 30, 2015, 08:37:53 AM
Very nice. Love the live edge and the figure in the drawer facings is fantastic. Like the way you used one board to make all the facings and kept the figure lined up so it flows up/down the front.

Herb

Couldn't say it better!

tule peak timber

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

AlaskaLes

Thanks for the positive comments.
We're really happy to see that everyone else is picking up on the things that we liked so much about the design.

The face board started life as a large figured crotch from one of our big Birch trees.
Drawer pulls are Purple Heart and plugs are Spalted Birch.
We ran the knobs to the sides to avoid cluttering the figuring in the center.

Thanks to the Admin...I was hoping someone would come along and fix it for me.  I can work wood, but computers, eh...not so much.

Les

3pt Log Arm& Log trailer
Husky 394XP
Husky 371XP
Husky 353
Echo 330T
Nyle 200M

beenthere

Nice workmanship and design for the wood you had to work with.

I believe you can rotate your pics by going to your gallery, and below each pic there is one button to "crop and rotate" to make a correction. Give it a shot, and see if that works for you, for the next time. :)

IPhone and IPad pics retain some identifiers that, when viewed from another Iphone or Pad, get righted correctly, but on a PC they do not. More mystery of our modern world of electronics.

Whod'a thunk 20 years ago we would have such problems, let alone the possibilities.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

AlaskaLes

Thanks for the help and the thumbs up Beenthere.  We're always striving for perfection and always realizing just how far off that really is!!
I tried the rotate and crop button 3 times, but it would just squish the picture and that made it look like a funhouse box instead of a jewelry box.
Anyway, it's worked for me before, just not yesterday.  Next time...who knows ;D

3pt Log Arm& Log trailer
Husky 394XP
Husky 371XP
Husky 353
Echo 330T
Nyle 200M

venice

Sorry for digging out an old post.

I am not the biggest fan of live edge projects. But this one is really clever!

Thanks for sharing. venice

Thank You Sponsors!