iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A little red oak

Started by Birchwood Logging, June 08, 2015, 09:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birchwood Logging

Cutting some pretty red oak off of this job, just wish the red oak market was doing better.

John Deere 700H with winch, John Deere 550A with winch, Cat 232 Skid Steer,Cat 262c Skid Steer, Wood Mizer Lt 40 super HD, Ford F-700 and F-600 log trucks, Ford F-450 dump truck

ga jones

Red oak is down all over. The Chinese have the shipping chain clogged up.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

Birchwood Logging

Wonder when there gonna get it cleared up its killing me I'm getting.60 a foot for number one red oak this time last year it was a $1 a foot
John Deere 700H with winch, John Deere 550A with winch, Cat 232 Skid Steer,Cat 262c Skid Steer, Wood Mizer Lt 40 super HD, Ford F-700 and F-600 log trucks, Ford F-450 dump truck

mesquite buckeye

Mature red oaks won't keep forever. Mine get big and then they get hollow. I don't know how many years it takes before one becomes the other. :-\
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Birchwood Logging

This one was sound no shake at all very nice color no stain would make a nice veneer log

tule peak timber

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

mesquite buckeye

Rob, we need to get you out to the midwest where trees grow free on private property. ;D ;D ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

ga jones

Veneer red oak is still $1.20 here.It was 1.50
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

tule peak timber

tule peak timber

Birchwood Logging

Wish there was a buyer here in eastern KY for veneer red oak

mesquite buckeye

Aren't most of the veneer mills in Indiana? Not so far away if you could get together a load. Might be worth investigating,

timberking

Grade lumber has been in a downward spiral for several months.  Equal to $20/ton price cut for logs at our mill.

treeslayer2003

Quote from: Birchwood Logging on June 09, 2015, 09:05:31 AM
Wish there was a buyer here in eastern KY for veneer red oak
bring it up here? what you doin with it?

Ken

You sure get to cut some nice sticks.
Lots of toys for working in the bush

Autocar

Nice stick and here in Ohio the red oak market has tightened up also. Seems like what ever I have the most of that's what goes down in price  ;D.
Bill

Birchwood Logging

Thanks Ken we have been blessed to get to cut some nice private tracks of timber

East ky logging

Yea I know what you mean about the price of red oak I took a load to morehead ky. today and.60 cents was top price there
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety- Benjamin Franklin

treeslayer2003

have you guys got an export buyer there? or are you selling to local mills?

East ky logging

There's no export buyers around here anymore that I can find. I hate to sell it for that so it don't take long before they become tie logs that I bring home to saw
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty or safety- Benjamin Franklin

Lumberjohn

How many bd ft was in it?

Birchwood Logging

There was a little over 1400 feet in the whole tree

sandsawmill14

Quote from: East ky logging on June 10, 2015, 10:18:12 PM
There's no export buyers around here anymore that I can find. I hate to sell it for that so it don't take long before they become tie logs that I bring home to saw

thats what we are doing with oak too. ties are averaging $150-$200 per mbdft than the oak lumber so im cutting every tie i can  but every once i awhile their will be a cherry bark thats so pretty i just cant make myself do it so it makes 4/4 ;D :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

treeslayer2003

i feel fortunate for the good buyer i have here. our prices never seem to hit the high some of you see, but they stay consistent most of the time.

Thank You Sponsors!