iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saw for hire

Started by WH_Conley, January 15, 2009, 11:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Too much profane yelling for me too.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Mooseherder

chevytaHOE5674

Jeff

I missed it to, but its going to repeat in 4 minutes.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

jerry-m

I saw it for the first time tonite... I would not want to be within 10 miles of those yo yo's :( :( :(
Jerry

Frickman

I just watched fifteen minutes. That's enough.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

Burlkraft

Why not just 1 pain free day?

KyMasterLogger

its on right now.  if i talked to employees like that, they would all quit right after they give me an _ _ _ whippin.  very poor communication skills on the owners behalf.  i'd just soon whittle me out a beak and pick crap with the chickens, then work for or around that guy.

this show is a big thumbs down.

Jeff

What a waste of time. I guess I have plenty of remarks I could make, but what a slap in the face to guys that do that for a living and do it right.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sawguy21

Karen called me to see it, thought I might find it interesting. After two minutes of that blowhard, I came back to the 'puter. ::)
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

CLL

The first thing I would do is punch the bosses lights out, then I would call OSHA. I thought I had done some stupid things, next to them I look like Albert Einstien. I bet if his help used the skid steer like he did, he would still be screaming obscenities at them. What a loser!!!
Too much work-not enough pay.

wi woodcutter

It's sad to see those people working with no safety gear. :o That boss has them running around like crazy, perfect for a bad accident!
I think he needs to lead by example. Did you notice the way he starts that saw in the intro, kind of shows what he knows about chainsaws.
2-066's ms660 034av 076av huskee 27ton splitter CB5036
A guard dog needs food, water, shelter, walking and training.
My Smith & Wesson only needs a little oil!

chet

I never saw da show, but from what I'm hearin' dat's a good thing.  :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Corley5

I'm gonna have to watch a bit of it now  ;) ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

york

well guys,i watched it again,full hour-i just am waiting to see him,flop his little crane on its side.....Bert
Albert

chevytaHOE5674

We shall see what comes of this.

Quote from: ISAJanuary 23, 2009

Mr. David M. Zaslav
President and CEO
Discovery Communications
One Discovery Place Silver Spring, MD 20910

Dear Mr. Zaslav:

I would like to call your attention to a dangerous and unprofessional depiction of commercial tree care operations in the TLC program "Saw for Hire."

Tree care is one of the five most hazardous professions in the country, according to independent research. Fatalities are all too common, and serious injuries occur daily. To advance safety, respected arborists are hard at work with associations, professional societies, certification organizations and government at all levels to reduce the accident and fatality rates among workers in the trees. Your program undermines all of those efforts, and it defames thousands of professional arborists in the U.S. who will not compromise their ethics, their integrity and the very safety of themselves and their co-workers for the sake of sensationalism.

Commercial arboriculture is subject to a variety of Occupational Safety and Health Administration standards. Judging from your program and the footage available at http://nosakraw.com, the arborists at Nosak Tree Service are either unaware of, or choose to ignore, these safety requirements.

The Tree Care Industry Association represents approximately 2,000 businesses engaged in commercial tree care in the United States. Since 1938, the association has worked to promote and uphold the highest standards of safe and professional conduct, including creating a Certified Treecare Safety Professional program and accrediting tree care companies so consumers know how to hire qualified companies.

In addition, the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) represents over 30,000 professional and Certified Arborists around the world. Founded in 1924, ISA promotes the professional practice of arboriculture including administering the Certified Arborist credential program. Through its position as the Secretariat of the ANSI Accredited Standards Committee Z-133 Safety Standards for Arboricultural Practices, ISA also works to promote high safety standards within the industry.

Our organizations are concerned that "Saw for Hire" glorifies unsafe and otherwise unprofessional conduct that, if used as an example in the field, quite simply puts lives at risk – both arborists and the consumers who hire them. The violations are numerous and egregious. They are not simply small, technical violations of industry safety practices but life-threatening acts that repeatedly and consistently show a lack of knowledge of the basics of safe tree care operations.

Discovery Communications claims it is committed to managing its business activities in full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and to ensuring honest and ethical behavior by its directors, officers, employees and contingent workers. "Saw for Hire" is a constant, ongoing violation of state, federal and industry professional standards and safety practices. In broadcasting this program, your network is complicit in the promotion of the unprofessional and unsafe practices of this company – practices that lead to injuries and fatalities in the tree care industry on a weekly basis.

Discovery Communications cannot be expected to know all of the safety regulations and best practices requirements that govern commercial arboriculture. Now that you have been made aware of the critically dangerous nature of the broadcast by your network, however, we ask that this program be taken off the air immediately for the benefit of consumers and arborists.

The tree care industry is ranked among the most dangerous professions in the United States. Employees in the tree care industry are often exposed to extreme hazards that must be met with an equally extreme commitment to safety. There are thousands of professional, safe and legally compliant tree care companies in the United States that could provide safe and professional examples of commercial arboriculture. It is in the spirit of cooperation, not confrontation, that we ask for your timely response.

Respectfully,

Cynthia Mills, CAE, CMC Jim Skiera, CAE
President & CEO Executive Director
Tree Care Industry Association International Society of Arboriculture

Cedarman

Every issue of TCI magazine, Cynthia Mills writes a good editorial.  She is as sharp as they come.  The magazine is full of great articles on working with trees.  They cover a lot of diseases and problems that afflict trees.  Safety is their biggie.

That letter is as good as it gets with professionalism.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

timberfaller390

I watched a couple of videos on thier site. They are neither the safest or the most proffesional but they don't seem any worse than any of the "tree services" around here.
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

chevytaHOE5674

Looking through the tv guide online and my digital cable box I can't seem to find it listed anymore for Thursday night.

So it looks like it may have got the chopping block.

urbanlumberinc

Paul Nosak and his travelling circus are quite the show.  Anyone who calls those clowns arborists will have a bone to pick with me.  These guys are little more than monkeys with chainsaws.  I've seen two episodes now, and they've nearly tipped a crane in both of them.  Guys like this are precisely why tree work is the fifth most dangerous profession in the U.S.

york

Quote from: chevytaHOE5674 on January 28, 2009, 01:55:30 PM
Looking through the tv guide online and my digital cable box I can't seem to find it listed anymore for Thursday night.

So it looks like it may have got the chopping block.

Hi,i have directv and just checked my online guide and they are not on tomorrow night...

Bert
Albert

Kevin

QuoteWe're sorry, the program you selected is no longer airing at this time. Please visit our schedule to view other air times.

Thursday, January, 29, 2009 at 09:30 PM ET on TLC

Saw For Hire

Demolition Dream Job

Kevin

Quotecancelled due to 7000 complaints

http://www.nosakraw.com/

:D       

LE-1

About time someone woke up and killed that fiasco .

Thank You Sponsors!