iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

husky 365

Started by turningfool, August 05, 2009, 07:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turningfool

my husky 365 keeps throwing the chain,no matter what i try..new chain and fairly new bar,bar looks good with very little wear and is still very straight /no twist..any suggestions?..note:running a 36" bar and chain and only used to cut large downed timber.

Ed

Went through the same thing on a 394xp, turned out to be a broken chain adjuster.

Ed

Rocky_J

You said you put a new bar and chain on it, did you look at the sprocket?  ???

turningfool

beenthere

Only can imagine it is not adjusted right. (given that you say everything else is ok).
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

rebocardo

Most likely the saw is bogging down running that big of a chain and while cleaning the chips it is being pushed off the bar, probably while you have it on it's side, usually near the nose. I encountered the problem once or twice while using my chainsaw mill.

Most likely you have taken off that little white plastic chain guide too.

Easiest solution is you can tighten the chain, run full skip (will not help much on a 36" bar ...), or run a smaller bar.

I assume you are running the oiler all the way out.

add. note:

What I have found helpful is before starting a large cut is run the saw a bit to clean out any debris in the rails and nose.

01crewcab

I wished I had a good answer. I think the idea of chips getting into the rail is feasible. I can't believe you're getting much chain speed running a 36" bar on a 4cube saw. Ideally 28" should be your max.
2100(2),480, 281, 181,372XPW, 460,435,350,61(4),51-Huskys
49SP, 630Super(3),670's(4), 830, 920, 930 Jonsered's
S-XL925 Homelite
SP125C, 790, 250, 1010 Macs
27Ton Troybilt Splitter
NRA Life Endowment Member
Viet Nam Vet

Red 93 L1 #3383

Quote from: 01crewcab on August 06, 2009, 10:47:21 AM
I wished I had a good answer. I think the idea of chips getting into the rail is feasible. I can't believe you're getting much chain speed running a 36" bar on a 4cube saw. Ideally 28" should be your max.

A 36" bar on my 5 cube Stihl 064 is alot, I couldn't imagine trying it on a 4 cube 365 unless the saw is modded.
Stihl's: 2-064AV's, 020T, MS 310
'93 Ford F-150 Lightning, '94 F-150 4x4, '92 F-150 4x4 '80 F-150 EFI 7.5L, '04 Expedition (Wife's)

SawTroll

Quote from: turningfool on August 05, 2009, 07:59:10 AM
my husky 365 keeps throwing the chain,no matter what i try..new chain and fairly new bar,bar looks good with very little wear and is still very straight /no twist..any suggestions?..note:running a 36" bar and chain and only used to cut large downed timber.

A 36" bar on a 365 is way out of line, even with skip chain.   ::)

But anyway, do you remember to pull the bar tip up when tightening the chain and the bar nuts (put the saw upside down, and gravity will do it for you)?

Also, remember to tighten the front nut first, and tighten them really well!
Information collector.

SawTroll

Quote from: SawTroll on August 12, 2009, 04:40:58 PM
Quote from: turningfool on August 05, 2009, 07:59:10 AM

A 36" bar on a 365 is way out of line, even with skip chain.   ::)

But anyway, do you remember to pull the bar tip up when tightening the chain and the bar nuts (put the saw upside down, and gravity will do it for you)?

Also, remember to tighten the front nut first, and tighten them really well!

One last point - are you sure that the mount pattern of the bar is the "large Husky" ?
Information collector.

Thank You Sponsors!