iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

David Bradley 360

Started by tyb525, March 15, 2011, 02:44:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyb525

There is one of these for sale in my area for $100...what do you think? Would I be dumb to buy it, even if just to have an old saw?

http://fortwayne.craigslist.org/for/2263360363.html
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

CX3

See ty, the OBO part means he'll take 75.  Then you HAVE to buy it just to have it :D
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

Al_Smith

It's a Power Products AH-47 engine ,77 cc not 100 . The value is between the seller and the buyer .I however only ponied up a fraction of that amount for the one in my shed which runs  BTW  .

tyb525

Well I was only slightly interested, and the only use I'd have for it is to restore. I can't afford to start another hobby (chainsaw collecting) ;D
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Al_Smith

The subject of real old saws appeals to some and to others it has about has much interest as collecting driveway gravel .

The machine it question was made by the thousands and because Sears and Roebuck extended credit to many in the days before credit cards they sold many .It's not a rare saw nor should it ever in a million years be considered as fast because it's the epitomy of a snail .

Never the less it is a part of history and as such many including myself have one as part of a collection .It's one of those items you rarely use other than on occasions such as an antique meet of some sorts or a GTG .So from my viewpiont they are worth tinkering with but not something I would sink a bunch of money in .

Most got banished to some corner of a barn for 40 years simpley because they became obsolete .Usually a carb rebuild which is about 10-12 bucks gets them going again .

clww

I'd offer $60 and see what he does, but not more than $75 cash. If it's me, if I didn't try an offer on that old saw, I'd always be wondering....
Even if it sits around, eventually you can make your money back some day. It's only going to get older and parts for these are going to grow more scarce for the collectors and restoration folks to find, hence the value will rise.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Saw Dr.

I have two of those 360's around.  I think the first one came with the original manuals for $35.  Second came in a lot of saws I bought and is all there, but partially dis-assembled.  I have not gotten to either one, nor will I anytime soon.  They are cool to hear run, but that is about it.  VERY heavy, and manual oiler only.  Get if you must, but don't put much $ into it as I suspect it will be mostly a decoration.
I don't try to explain to others why I play with chainsaws.  For those who already know, no explanation is needed.  For those who do not, no explanation is POSSIBLE!

Super 250

ely

to me the cool factor is way up there on that saw. well worth the 75 bucks to get it. or 60.

nmurph

i with doc on this; $35 or walk......they're everywhere!!

Al_Smith

The one I have  was a trade for a C5 Homelite I had which was a freebie .So what I have in it is the price of a rebuild kit for a Tillotson model HL ,10 bucks .It ran when I got it just not too well .The most valuable thing on it is a brand new 24" loop of 1/2" chipper chain .

Thank You Sponsors!