iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Used Husqvarna 372xp

Started by husky55guy, April 12, 2014, 08:21:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

huxpat

I got taken. Like everyone said skeptically, if it seems too good to be true... Those counterfeit Stihl's don't say Stihl on them, do they, just MS360? The Husky said Professional 372XP, nothing about Husqvarna on it. Total bait and switch for a $50 piece of garbage, I didn't even open up the box it came in, looked like classic Chinese packaging of something you'd buy at Harbor Freight. Was about a 36cc saw, not even a remote attempt at a copy. He showed real Stihl's and Huskies in the ad and a little chainsaw shop, but probably pilfered them from anywhere on the net. He said he'd refund the money and claimed they were made in Brazil not China and "the ad said" and that kind of thing which was all pure bs cause he knows 100 percent he's running a scam. How no one has called him on it yet is beyond me. I shipped it right back and will take it up with the Mercado Libre payment system if he doesn't refund the money. I think he will, because he thinks he can keep running the scam as long as he mollifies the people who call him on it.
   Ah well, didn't think there would ever be anything on this forum about Mexican counterfeits, guess I should have done my homework and joined the forum first before wasting my time on this joke! Thanks for the info.

SawTroll

That is fraud, if it was advertised as a Husky 372xp - handle it accordingly!

Btw, there also are Chinese fakes that actually are copies of the originals around - so watch out for those as well!
Information collector.

huxpat

Quote from: SawTroll on May 02, 2014, 04:17:22 PM
That is fraud, if it was advertised as a Husky 372xp - handle it accordingly!

Well, fraud and Mexico are kind of old friends and not always a lot of legal recourse. But I threw in for good measure that I had friends in the PGR (federal law enforcement agency under the Attorney General) in case he didn't see fit to come through with the refund. I think I hit a nerve because he's already changed his ad to not show real Stihl's or Husky's anymore and only show the actual cheap copies he's selling.  Sad thing about here is that a lot of people will try to cheat and bully you at every turn unless you come back at them hard - the whole "quien es mas macho" culture. Gets tiresome at times but most other aspects of life and all the truly warm great people here balance that out. You just learn not to expose yourself to being cheated. I set myself up for it going for a way "too good to be true" deal. You can find those deals in the First World sometimes where there's so much excess, but in a place like Mexico, not likely.

7sleeper

Don't feel bad about it, I read about it often in the german forums. Everywhere in the world are people trying to make some quick money, and the name Stihl is one of those money magnets.

jwilly3879

Picked up 2003 372xp two years ago for $200, rebuilt the carb and new fuel line and filter and I use it every weekend on the header.

huxpat

Quote from: 7sleeper on May 03, 2014, 02:10:10 AM
Don't feel bad about it, I read about it often in the german forums. Everywhere in the world are people trying to make some quick money, and the name Stihl is one of those money magnets.

Yeah, already chalked it up to part of the learning process. Makes sense that any high end name of anything is going to be fraudulently copied. Seemingly less of it in the States because they do go after fraud and copyright infringement pretty strongly there. Saw a UK Arborist site talking about it being a real problem how many fake Stihl's and Huskies are on the market. Will stick to finding a venerable used saw from the pre-copying days. Actually an arborist friend of mine has an old 372 that hasn't been used in years that he's going to check if it's salvageable and pass along to me if it is. I've still come back to the realization that my only interest in guanacastle is slabbing it though and I'm going to want something like a big old Stihl 076 or Husky 2100 to make a low cost milling setup to do 32-48" slabs.

SawTroll

Also, the US market is less tempting to sell fakes on than many others, because of the relatively low prices of the originals there.
There are a lot more of it in Western Europe than in the US.
Information collector.

Thank You Sponsors!