iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

chainsaw pants

Started by redneck logger, January 19, 2010, 07:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redneck logger

Hey guys havent been on in a while, but any ways i am looking for a good pair of chainsaw pants with a 34 length,im about 6,1 145lbs tall and skinny anyway i go to the woods almost every saturday and cut firewood . The pants(stihl summers )i have now are only 32 length  and seem abit short.so i was wondering if you guys could help me out.O sorry i meant do they make any longer ones smiley_computer_monitor
got to love working in the woods

rick f

do a google search for chainsaw pants.  google products has alot to offer.

Good luck

664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

Kevin

Swedepro are my favourite, they come in longer lengths.

QuoteOne 1-1/2" interlocking waist buckle is adjustable
for waist measurements from 30" to 42". With
Waist Extender (Part No. 190000) you can fit waist
up to 54"

32" to 40" in length.

John Mc

Baileys now sells Labonville chaps. Available in different lengths up to 48" (44" pad). Remember when ordering that chaps usually are not measured by inseam length like pants are.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

4genlgr

there was a company in Quebec that made or sold all styles of pants including a bib style unfortunately i can't remember their name

redneck logger

Thanks guys for help and thankyou kevin i will check them out.
got to love working in the woods

FFLM

If its pants and not chaps that you are looking for, Husky pro forest summer pants come in a 34" inseam.   Friends use the summer weight pants even in winter, put on a pair of long johns when it gets cold.  I have not been able to find any pants with a longer inseam as I am 6' 7" and am looking for a 36" inseam  :( 
208 Jack, 372's and F450 Stroker

timberjack240

6' 7" ??!! thats a long way to bend down to cut trees im 6 ft and i think im to tall.. i wish i was my paps height 5'6" not so far to bend down that way.. then again i can put the seat the whole way down in tht log truck for that cool truck driver look  and still see over the steering wheel   ;D . i dont think ive ever seen pants w a 34 or 36 in inseam. when i got o the saw shop ill ask for you guys tho

GRANITEstateMP

I just bought a pair of full wrap chaps from Labonville they are great. I noticed when I was at the store that they have both summer and winter pants that you can put inserts in.  Another great aspect of the Labonville's are they are made here in NH (we need all the jobs we can get).  Best of luck.

www.labonville.com

Matt

Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

timberjack240

im thinkin about tryin a pair of those homeowner chaps that aint so heavy made by husky. if you need chaps for that state tract anyway. if not i think im gonna hold off  cause i wont be doin much cuttin and im not wearin chaps to skid

chevytaHOE5674

If you use a chainsaw please where chaps or pants. Coworker last week slipped and would have cut through his leg had it not been for the pants.

I have some timber savage, swedepro, and husky pants. And they are nice and I wear them everyday.

timberjack240

yea i should i never wear chaps..never liked em hot heavy slowed me down to much. my dad wore em some but we never rele ever did wear em to often. they make me tired. you should wear em i agree i just dont

quietrangr

Quote from: GRANITEstateMP on January 22, 2010, 09:35:26 AM
I just bought a pair of full wrap chaps from Labonville they are great. I noticed when I was at the store that they have both summer and winter pants that you can put inserts in.  Another great aspect of the Labonville's are they are made here in NH (we need all the jobs we can get).  Best of luck.

www.labonville.com

Matt

Ditto.
I had Husky winter pants. Zipper broke right away, then the material got wear holes all over, and either the insulation or the cut protection material shifted down and bunched up around the knees. I bought Labonville, and have been happy with them.

John Mc

You know, with all the good press Labonville gets here (between chaps and other logging, forestry gear), it's a wonder they aren't a sponsor. Has anyone approached them?
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

timberjack240

what kinda chaps did you guys get from labonville.. the ones i have i hate . theyre to heavy and stiff as a board. i wouldnt give a nickel for a hundred of em .. what did you guys get cause there s no way its the same as what i got.. i got mine like 4 -5  years ago ?

Magicman

The day after my saw ate my pants, I Googled "chainsaw chaps".  I found a pair of AOS chaps for about $40 inclucing shipping.  They were too long and the wife fixed that.

I generally work alone, and now never even cut firewood without my chaps on.

My life is more important to me than being hot or uncomfortable.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Labonville has 2-3 types.I bought the ones with 6 layers and they are not stiff like a board.According to their specs mine weight not even 3 lbs.I know in this area any place that sells chainsaws sells chaps for you to look at to see if they are stiff like a board or not.
I noticed the way they size their chaps is from your belt to your instep,meaning on top of your foot.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

timberjack240

im thinkin i remeber seein on the sticker mine wer e like 9 layers and theyre def more than 3 lbs they pull my pants down . i dont remember they were a christmas present a long time ago. ill have to look into some like you have i know i treid on some husky chaps that were lighter wiegh. i didnt mind them as much. i always liked my dads chpas for me they stop at the middle of my shin rather than top of my boot :)

240b

The Kevlar pads from labonvilles are way better than the nylon ones which are way too bulky. I won't work with out wearing them. The black nylon pants from them are coated nylon and do not breath.So, its like wearing a wet daiper all day if you get warm. I prefer wool pants with kevlar chaps and nokian leather top rubber boots in the winter. Labonvilles will custom make different length pants for you, just call them in gorham nh.

bill m

I have been wearing the Labonville full wrap chaps for about 22 years now and will not use any others. They are the best IMO.  I get them extra long because they do shrink in length and I want coverage to the top of my foot. 240b where do you get your nokian leather top boots? I only have two pair left and would like to get more. I can't find them anywhere.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

240b

Nokian boots are pretty hard to find now. But ,I know my nieghbor just got a  new pair, I think from labonvilles, but not sure . I'll find out. I have 3 pairs and only one is in good cond.. They are the best winter boots imo.  There was a place in ONT CAN which had them. try to  google "Nokian Timber "   

Magicman

Quote from: 240b on January 25, 2010, 10:19:35 AM
So, its like wearing a wet daiper all day if you get warm.

You gotta better memory than I do....... >:( ;D :D :D :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

bill m

Quote from: 240b on January 25, 2010, 03:46:35 PM
Nokian boots are pretty hard to find now. But ,I know my nieghbor just got a  new pair, I think from labonvilles, but not sure . I'll find out. I have 3 pairs and only one is in good cond.. They are the best winter boots imo.  There was a place in ONT CAN which had them. try to  google "Nokian Timber "  
Labonville has the tall full rubber ones by Viking. I have two pair of them also, one with lug soles and one with calks.

240b

Yep, those viking boots are way too stiff they will abraid the hair off your shins and bunch your sock up around your toes. I have a pair and cut the tops down to where the protection starts, I only wear them to the mail box now..  Guys around here will wear what ever is sold and just be uncomfortable. I guess that goes w/ being a mouth breathing knuckle drager. All the good equpment is just not imported into this country.

bill m

With all this rain there is almost no snow left in the woods but lots of ice. I had to do some boundary work today so I wore my calks. Looks like I'll be wearing them for a while till we get more snow.

chevytaHOE5674

I wear my viking calked rubber boots with liners in them daily all winter. I like not sliding around when walking on logs and on snowy/icy hills. And should I happen to get bitten by the chainsaw I hopefully won't loose a toe (like a coworker who cut through his leather boot just behind the steel toe cap).

Lud

Chaps were making my pants ride down too.  My fix was a couple  of 3", maybe 4" spring clamps so I could attach 'em to my overalls or jeans and suspenders so the straps help keep them up. 

I guess if I had more but and less gut they might stay up better but ,  oh well,  the wife's a good cook and I'd hate to hurt her feelings, right? :D :D
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

timberjack240

im 21 and i wear suspenders whe im cuttin down ;D . i wear carhart loggers. double knee jeans get heavy when there wet . also they have a long crotch suspenders keep em up a lil bit you can go thru the brush better makes  abig diff till the end of the day

GRANITEstateMP

I got a new pair of boots while I was getting my new chaps at Labonville.  The boots are leather w/ kevlar and I belive you can stud them (or get them studed).  The best part was they are made for Labonville by a company out of PA.  It's getting hard to find footwear made in this country anymore, heck most of LL Beans footwear is even imported now.

Matt
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

Woodhog

QuoteI got a new pair of boots while I was getting my new chaps at Labonville.  The boots are leather w/ kevlar and I belive you can stud them (or get them studed).  The best part was they are made for Labonville by a company out of PA.  It's getting hard to find footwear made in this country anymore, heck most of LL Beans footwear is even imported now.

Matt

Do you think those boots are well made. I see they have a nice scuff protector on the toe and they are the only leather boots that would be any good for chainsaw operators as they have the chainsaw protection built in as you say.

Also the price seems quite reasonable compared to those stinky old rubber duck feet boots.

Do they have a lining in them??

http://www.labonville.com/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=80&idcategory=243

GRANITEstateMP

Woodhog,

They don't have too much of a liner in them, nothing thats gonna keep you warm for sure.  The only other hitch with the boots is they run a little large size wise.  I normally take a 10 1/2 and I belive I ended up with a 9 1/2 or a 10!

Matt
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570

Thank You Sponsors!