iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Confirmation of what we already Knew

Started by dgdrls, December 02, 2017, 08:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ljmathias

Think a recent news article found this study was bogus. Anyway, how smart can a dog be that lets a human own him versus a cat that owns everything including the human who he lets feed him or her?

LJ
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

Papa1stuff

If you watch and listen ,your cat will certainly talk to you  ;D
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

WV Sawmiller

My vet has an appropriate sign in her office that covers this topic "Dogs come when called. Cats say"Take a message."
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

moosehunter

My favorite is " dogs have owners, cats have staff"
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

LeeB

Quote from: Papa1stuff on December 03, 2017, 07:00:59 AM
If you watch and listen ,your cat will certainly talk to you  ;D

My dog laughed at me once, buts that's a whole other story from my  youth best not told.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

drobertson

One of each here, pretty hard call to make, both have their moments on both sides of the smart stick, Cat is a much better hunter for certain, Dolly just likes to bark, I think she thinks it will scare away the critters :D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Ford_man

sandhills

Or a rescue, bomb/drug sniffing cat?  :D  I do have both cats/dogs also and I have to admit our tom cat Fiddle has quite the personality, only cat I've ever really grown fond of, the other came with the place we bought.  I think she's bipolar and that's why they left her here but she doesn't hurt anything and I sorta like her too when she's in one of her "better" moods.

rjwoelk

I am a dog person. Cats are fine, they purr, but I can not stand it when they hang around the door and meow.  We had 3, 8 to 10 week old puppies . They spied the cat in the middle of the barn, surrounding it then each grabbed a part of him and started pulling, the stupid cat did nothing just meowed and let them mall her. We were milking and dad figured if it was that stupid it probably could not catch a mouse if its life depended on it.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

sawguy21

Quote from: sandhills on December 03, 2017, 10:41:02 AM
Or a rescue, bomb/drug sniffing cat?  :D  I do have both cats/dogs also and I have to admit our tom cat Fiddle has quite the personality, only cat I've ever really grown fond of, the other came with the place we bought.  I think she's bipolar and that's why they left her here but she doesn't hurt anything and I sorta like her too when she's in one of her "better" moods.
That seems the nature of cats, mine has a real attitude. She is very affectionate especially when I am on the puter or trying to sleep but when she hits the b***h switch look out. The dog has a sweet personality but her elevator missed a floor.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Ianab

Cats are only pretending to be dumb to lull us into a false sense of security... As they continue with their plans for world domination. They would have succeeded already if they didn't sleep for 22 hours a day, but they already have most of Youtube taken over.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Kbeitz

cerebral cortex, the information-processing part of the brain:
A cat's cerebral cortex has 250 million neurons.
A 15-pound mixed-breed dog's has 429 million.
A 64-pound golden retriever has 627 million neurons.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

WV Sawmiller

Kbeitz,

You're skating on thin ice here if you are implying big dogs are smarter than small ones.  :o My 13 lb rat terrier, Sampson, would not take that very well at all. :D :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

coxy

rjwoelk

Ok so if you put your dog and a cat in the trunk of a car for a hr. Which one would be happy to see you.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

ljmathias

Not sure how you'd be able to put them both in the trunk at the same time. In fact, trying to put a cat anywhere it doesn't want to go is full of hisses and scratches. This makes the dog bristle up and start barking. Next thing you know, the wife comes out and says, "Dude! What do you think you're doing with my (cat or dog, whichever)? Put her/him down." Next thing you know after the last thing you knew, you're in the trunk alone and not sure just where the heck the wife is taking you- and the story continues...
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

PC-Urban-Sawyer

LJ, sure hope your area doesn't have a pound for husbands...

Herb

BTW, newer cars have a internal mechanism to let you open the trunk from inside.

Crusarius

Quote from: ljmathias on December 06, 2017, 09:03:01 PM
Not sure how you'd be able to put them both in the trunk at the same time. In fact, trying to put a cat anywhere it doesn't want to go is full of hisses and scratches. This makes the dog bristle up and start barking. Next thing you know, the wife comes out and says, "Dude! What do you think you're doing with my (cat or dog, whichever)? Put her/him down." Next thing you know after the last thing you knew, you're in the trunk alone and not sure just where the heck the wife is taking you- and the story continues...

I just had to quote this. This is awesome :)

WDH

Now that is funny, I don't care who you are.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!