iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Triple Tragedy,3 deer OH

Started by thecfarm, February 19, 2011, 06:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Triple Tragedy Three Ohio Bucks found Drowned with Antlers Locked is really the title.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/photos/gallery/hunting/deer-hunting/2010/12/triple-tragedy-three-bucks-drown-antlers-locked?photo=2#node-1001378178

My DIL showed me this link this morning.
Dial up user don't be afraid of this link.Something like 28 pictures but they load fast,like the way the pictures do on here.Went fast on my dial up,for a wonder.
I looked back through the post but did not see it posted.A nice write up was done.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Warren

Thanks for forwarding.. Pretty interesting...
LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

Magicman

Three is a first for me.  Thanks for that link.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ErikC

Kind of a sad story. It seems pretty rare. I guess it's the antler shape that makes whitetails more prone to that, I have never seen or heard of our blacktails getting locked up, although it probably happens once in a while. :-\
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

SwampDonkey

I've never heard of it happening up here in the north woods either and my grandfather guided for 60 years.

Interesting and precarious at the same time.  ;)

The comments on that site get the 'off button' treatment. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

treefarmer87

seen pics of 2 locked before, but never 3
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

clww

Without a doubt, that is the strangest deer incident I've ever seen OR heard of! Can you imagine seeing them alive? :o
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

isawlogs

SD, it happens up here also. It will happen where deer density per kilo is higher. more deer more fights more odds of it happening  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Probably so Marcel. We used to have a higher density of deer here, but no more. Used to see 40-50 deer in the summer around lakes and harvest areas where we fished. Kept nice paths to walk to the good fishing. ;) They lost too much wintering grounds and crashed in the north half of the province. But the only news I've heard of it happening was in US states, not around here. It could very well happen here, just never hear of it.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!