iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Silvatech Setworks

Started by mfhiltabidel, June 11, 2012, 07:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfhiltabidel

I was contacted by a local small mill to troubleshoot an old Silvatech Setworks system.  I have made progress with some of the larger issues but have not been able to fix the upper portion of the switch panel.  The system does not response or highlight the proper numbers when the buttons are pressed. 

I found an older post on this forum with a similar issue but that is as far as my research has lead me.  I was curious if anyone on here was still familiar with the system or had some old Silvatech contact that could possibly help out.

Thank you

Ron Wenrich

There is still someone in LA that was doing work on Silvatech.  I also have a contact from a guy from New Zealand that was doing some work on them.  Let me check my sources to see what I can come up with.

Have you checked for any loose wires, terminals, or contacts?  I have had some problems with the buttons.  I had one where the spring failed and wouldn't stay up.  I'll have to check on how that was fixed, and where they got parts.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

mfhiltabidel

I have gone through some basic troubleshooting.  Someone at the mill was trying to resolve a long running issue of the system not setting every time it should, they pulled some wires off the switch panel and accidentally shorted them together.  This caused one of the fuses to blow and the switch panel to stop responding.  There was some additional damage done to the main 'computer' board that I had to repair just to get them up and running again. 

I have check most of the exposed wiring, but I am assuming that the short damaged part of the controls because the entire group of buttons is not responding.  I also switch the cables for the switch panel and carriage and the system responded as expected which ruled out a problem at the main circuit board. 

I have very little information on the system, which make it very difficult to troubleshoot.  They are a smaller mill and I would love to see this get resolved as fast as possible for them, anything will help and I greatly appreciate your response.

Magicman

I can't help but Welcome to the Forestry Forum, mfhiltabidel.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ron Wenrich

mfhiltabidel

check your e-mail.  I have a phone number for you.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Thank You Sponsors!