iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Who has shot the biggest deer so far on the Forum?

Started by oakiemac, November 23, 2005, 03:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

:D :D :D :D   8)

Aside from riding the bike, I could picture my grandfather doing that. He used to lug deer a long way because he never hunted near a road, had to go way back into the woods. The last deer he shot we had to get the Dang thing across 2 beaver ponds and clearcut. The deer dropped within 100 feet of where he shot it. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Lenny_M

Not the biggest but my 11 year old son got A 120lb spike buck.
I dressed it for him,tied the rope on it and said there you go, He drags it about 10 ft, stops, ties the rope around his waist and drags it another 10 ft, stops and says " Dad this dang thang is heavier than me" :D :D :D
He only weighs 90 lbs :D
                          Lenny

oakiemac

Some of you guys have got some nice deer. Kirk 225lbs is big-did you have it weighed or just aproximating?
The Dang weather is really hurting my hunting time. We keep getting blizzard like conditions then when it is half way nice I have to work. :(
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Kirk_Allen

Okie, we use to guess the weight but a couple years ago I got a whopper and took it to DNR and had the weigh it.  I was way off.  I guess it to be 200 lbs and turns out it was 249 field dresssed.  After that I bought a scale from Cabelas and we make bets on who the closest is to guessing the weight .

The buck I got this year was 225 lbs and the doe was 150.

Our gun season was last weekend and the buck on the right was 210 lbs, 9 point and the fork horn buck on the left was 145 lbs. 

beenthere

Kirk
Good photography.  ;D

Makes those deer look REALLY big, dar.  :)  Still they are 'nice' deer.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Kirk_Allen

I wish I could take credit for the photo but it was Chad who took the pic and sent it to me.  Thats his Dad in the photo, trying not to stand in the mud from washing out the deer. 

Modat22

The deer have vanished for me, the only ones I've seen so far where dead on the roads. None have visited my corn pile or salt lick, Very weird 1st time occurrence.
remember man that thy are dust.

oakiemac

Nice deer Kirk, I'd be happy with either of them.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Thank You Sponsors!