iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Not the biggest ever....but big

Started by Magicman, August 06, 2009, 02:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

This was a "lightning struck" pine that I cut in the Spring.  The butt end was 37".  It cut two 20's, a 16", a 12', a 10' and an 8' log.  The total yield was 2785 BF.  I sawed it in one day.....Yeah, it was a very good day..... ;D

This is the little end of the butt cut.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tyb525

Looks like you're getting off to a great start! :) 2785 bf in one day is a good figure, I don't think I could do that, at least not with my LT10 ;)
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

nas

Ty, the 37" butt log might be a bit of a squeeze on the LT10 :o 8)
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

Magicman

Believe me, that 37" butt was a squeeze even for a LT40.  You sorta hafta keep turning and whittling until you can manage.  I've loaded larger, but I recommend "chainsaw whittling while it is still on the loader.

That was my second highest BF day.  It was only because I had good logs and was cutting mostly 2X12's and 2X6's.  My days normally average 1500 BF.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tyb525

Yeah, I would have to quarter it with a chainsaw!
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

woodmills1

lotta put out done fora 40 even at big dimension

you alone or with help? :P
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

backwoods sawyer

You kinda started out the day backwards, with small logs for an easy start and the big logs to finish off the day when you are worn out. Good logs + the mill running good = a good day.
20' 2x12 do make for good production out of big logs, but you still earn it.
8)
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Magicman

Quote from: woodmills1 on August 06, 2009, 09:07:52 PM
you alone or with help? :P 

6'2" customer helping.  As a matter of fact, I only got off of the mill to help roll the logs on the loader.  He backed the trailer up so that he could slide the lumber onto it.

I'm 100% portable and never furnish labor.  That's the customer's responsibility.

Handy Andy

That was some tree! Was it yellow pine? Thanks for sharing.
My name's Jim, I like wood.

Magicman

Meadows Miller

Gday

That butt log and the second log  remind me of the stuff that use to be the average a my gandfathers mill when they where doing oversize all the time when i was a kid  Verry Nice stuff it was ;D  and you got a great tally up for the day tooboot Mate  ;) ;D 8) 8)

Reguards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

Thank You Sponsors!