iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Former log truck driver in maine now a....................

Started by Woodhauler, January 26, 2013, 05:32:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Maine state dot cop!!!  Guy who hauled wood for years took a job as a weigh cop! I guess his theory was if you can't beat them join them.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

snowstorm

he should be very good at producing lots of money for the state

loggah

Well maybe he will be decent, and then maybe he wont.  ;)Im sure hes making more money ,with benefits !!
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

Okrafarmer

Good thing my kids don't know about DOT cops, or they'd be calling each other that when they were mad at each other!

The ones here are. . . . .

Don't get me started.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

CTL logger

I wouldn't think that's a good thing, was he good at hauling wood? Probably not he's a DOT cop now. Good luck with that one, you know what I always say "anybody can haul legal" when I had trucks you figure out real quick ya can't make much money hauling legal loads. :)

NWP

My cousin is a DOT cop. He's about 3-4 years away from retirement. Told me he was thinking about buying a dump truck and running it after he retires. I didn't tell him but I would guess after everyone figures out that he was the guy giving out tickets he probably will have a hard time finding someone to subcontract under.
1999 Blockbuster 2222, 1997 Duratech HD10, 2021 Kubota SVL97-2, 2011 Case SV250, 2000 Case 1845C, 2004 Case 621D, John Deere 540A, 2011 Freightliner with Prentice 120C, 2012 Chevrolet, 1997 GMC bucket truck, several trailers, and Stihl saws.

snowstorm

there is a truck junkyard in agusta. one of the owners is a dot cop

lumberjack48

A dot cop owns a junk yard, i'll bet its a good place to get truck parts from.

Back when i was hauling wood, we all ran on CB radios letting each other know when the Chicken Coop was open.
  The one truck stop was about 20 miles from the Dot coop. If it was open we'd all gather there waiting for them to close shop for the day. The grain haulers would keep us informed. If they didn't this one guy had a 250 Yamaha on his truck, he'd made a place to haul it up against the headache rack. He'd take it off and run up to see if they were open or not.
  When i think back i can't believe the games we played with the DOT, Cat and Mouse. I hauled about 2 yrs, i was never on a scale or a Dot check.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Woodhauler

Quote from: CTL logger on January 26, 2013, 04:38:15 PM
I wouldn't think that's a good thing, was he good at hauling wood? Probably not he's a DOT cop now. Good luck with that one, you know what I always say "anybody can haul legal" when I had trucks you figure out real quick ya can't make much money hauling legal loads. :)
We called him hollywood! Liked his shiny chrome, and HE HAULED HEAVY!!!!! 
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

donny hochstetler

hey woodhauler did this Hollywood guy ever live in ohio back in about 1990 thru 2000 there was a guy from your neck of the woods that hauled for me his handle was Hollywood sorta lost track of him he bought a brandnew westernstar triaxle back in approx.1993 He was a talker n hauled heavy especialy at night congradulations on yuor new truck now dont be gettn any salt on it :)

Bobus2003

I've learned that if your not legal, Be nice, Don't get smart, act as if you were completely legal.. Its gotton me threw the scales prolly a half dozen times when i shoulda got a ticket

HiTech

Some DOT cops are real nice and others....well decorum prohibits that kind of language. lol I found that if they have something to give you a ticket for...say a broken marker light or such, they don't look to hard. If they can't find anything real easy and have to look then you could be in trouble. They aren't stupid they know what is going on and people are trying to make a living and get the most from a gallon of fuel. When they start seeing the alligators laying all over the road then it is time to back off or be prepared to be hassled. They know over loads cause heat that cause tire failure. We have one in my area that could put the handcuffs on me anytime. Gorgeous creature. Don't pith her off cause she isn't afraid to put the coveralls on and get the creeper out and go to town on you. They  can be a pain but if we didn't have them then some would really take advantage of the system and those trucks would barely have brakes or legal tires, would be accidents waiting to happen. 

Woodhauler

Quote from: donny hochstetler on January 26, 2013, 08:07:11 PM
hey woodhauler did this Hollywood guy ever live in ohio back in about 1990 thru 2000 there was a guy from your neck of the woods that hauled for me his handle was Hollywood sorta lost track of him he bought a brandnew westernstar triaxle back in approx.1993 He was a talker n hauled heavy especialy at night congradulations on yuor new truck now dont be gettn any salt on it :)
Donny, i will ask around and see!

Okrafarmer

When I went down to Texas for Hurricane Ike (2008), there were a couple of characters who showed up from New Jersey. They had really spiffy trucks with lots and lots of paint, chrome, and custom decals. I don't remember what kind of trucks, possibly P-bilt, but anyway, they had rear-mounted grapple loaders and pup trailers and could carry 100 yards of brush per load. I load monitered for them for a couple of days and they were insufferable. Finally, I turned them in to my bosses because they were ripping limbs off living trees with their grapples to get (convenient) clearance to access the brush piles along the road. In other words, they could have just pulled up a few more feet, and gotten the brush pile just fine, instead of ripping 3-inch branches off the trees. Result-- they received a lecture and then asked for and received a different load monitor.  >:( But anyway, people were referring to the lead guy as "Hollywood." One night, when I went into the shopping mall (had the only open bookstore in all of Baytown after the hurricane), I saw him and the other driver in there drooling and gloating at the jewelry store! They wore earrings, necklaces, bracelets, rings, all kinds of bling even while working.

Didn't help my opinion of people from New Jersey. . . . .
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Bobus2003

Quote from: Okrafarmer on January 27, 2013, 07:42:52 AM
When I went down to Texas for Hurricane Ike (2008), there were a couple of characters who showed up from New Jersey. They had really spiffy trucks with lots and lots of paint, chrome, and custom decals. I don't remember what kind of trucks, possibly P-bilt, but anyway, they had rear-mounted grapple loaders and pup trailers and could carry 100 yards of brush per load. I load monitered for them for a couple of days and they were insufferable. Finally, I turned them in to my bosses because they were ripping limbs off living trees with their grapples to get (convenient) clearance to access the brush piles along the road. In other words, they could have just pulled up a few more feet, and gotten the brush pile just fine, instead of ripping 3-inch branches off the trees. Result-- they received a lecture and then asked for and received a different load monitor.  >:( But anyway, people were referring to the lead guy as "Hollywood." One night, when I went into the shopping mall (had the only open bookstore in all of Baytown after the hurricane), I saw him and the other driver in there drooling and gloating at the jewelry store! They wore earrings, necklaces, bracelets, rings, all kinds of bling even while working.

Didn't help my opinion of people from New Jersey. . . . .

Couple guys From up here took their Truck & Pups down with Trash tubs and hauled debris from Katrina and Ike.. Crazy mess from what i've been told

Okrafarmer

I liked a lot of the people I met down there. A couple of guys came down out of Maine, all the way to Texas. I monitored for them some, too.

flyboy16101

My motto is if your not running double your gvwr its no work cranking the engine ;D. I will probly have to change if I ever come across an open weight station.
Wood-mizer Lt35, International 504 w/ loader, Hough HA Payloader, Stihl Ms290, Ms660, LogRite Cant Hook

Thank You Sponsors!