iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fair price on Jonsered 2050?

Started by John Mc, January 30, 2020, 06:20:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Mc

A local friend is selling her Jonsered 2050 and asked me what I thought was a good price to ask. (She is selling it locally, so this is not an advertisement.)

Last I cut some firewood with her, it was running well, but she hasn't used it recently (it was run dry before storing). I've asked her to bring it over so we can check it out. For the purposes of setting a price, assume it's in good running order.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

John
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Canadiana

In pretty good shape i think it could go for 300-350 $usd but I'm not actually familiar with this saw. My $usd-to-$cad conversion maybe off a bit too. People that like their jonsered saw will want another bigger one
The saw is more fun than the purpose of the wood... the forest is trembling 🌳

John Mc

Quote from: Canadiana on January 30, 2020, 11:05:59 PM
In pretty good shape i think it could go for 300-350 $usd but I'm not actually familiar with this saw. My $usd-to-$cad conversion maybe off a bit too. People that like their jonsered saw will want another bigger one
This is a 50cc saw. It's successor, the Jonsered 2250 sells for $400 new.                                                                               
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

ladylake

Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

John Mc

Thanks, Steve. She was hoping to get something in that range. I was afraid that might be a little optimistic. However it's been years since I've been shopping around for used saws, so I don't have a really good feel for it these days.

Canadiana

I don't have a good feel for it either these days. Lol. Anyone want to sell me a saw hah
The saw is more fun than the purpose of the wood... the forest is trembling 🌳

sawguy21

$200 tops if in good condition and runs well. I can't believe what some are asking on cl and the local buy and sell, if they can get those prices I need to start scrounging. ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Al_Smith

They get over optimistic on flea bay .With Craigslist you are only dealing with one person then it becomes money talks others walk  .
Actually the only things I've bought from CL has been small gasoline engines and those were negotiated a little bit .Locally most more modern saws are way over priced for what they are .

Thank You Sponsors!