iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Franklin 170 fellerbuncher

Started by Duramax3500, July 23, 2017, 12:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duramax3500

First off, hello everybody, long time lurker, first time poster,lol,I have a question about a Franklin 170 fellerbuncher, are they hard to get parts for,it has a rotosaw and a 4-53 Detroit, and also what do you think the value range is,it's in great shape and is a late 80 s model,any input I would appreciate and also R.I.P wood hauler,the story with his granddaughter was very special

kiko

Engine parts yes.  Many common off shelf parts.    Franklin  specific parts will be used only for the most part.

coxy

kiko if you need 453 parts take a ride to ny they are all over the place here  :)

kiko

Got the wording wrong.   Detroit parts are available here as well.    Franklin parts are as rare as hen's teeth.

coxy

I was thinking that but like anything else when the junk price hit 300 a ton around here a few years back everything went  but a bunch of us hillbillys still held on our rusty gold ;D  saw guys unloading old but good running equipment off there trailers  :'( it made me sick cause the junk guy would not sell any parts off them

Duramax3500

Thanks for the info. Guys,I'll take that into consideration,the price is right for a starter fellerbuncher so I think I'll give it a try  👍

Thank You Sponsors!