iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

truck mec.

Started by dustyhat, July 27, 2015, 05:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dustyhat

I have a 1979ish chevy two ton 427 engine , 285v70 clark trans. 22000 rear . trans started sounding like gears riding over one and another. i started trying to fix problem with the typical clutch ,pressure plate and bearing , different trans and a different shifter . didint help same old problem. trans guy says both trans look good and the shifters.  he says i have a rear end problem. any one out there seen or heard of this before . i just havent had trouble with 22000 rear before. any advise appreciated. i do have a extra rear end but would like to have some more opinions before i go any farther. 

beenthere

Is that a two-speed rear end?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

dustyhat

Yes it is , and it does it in high and low.

dustyhat

I would like to get it fixed i love this little truck i can get in there and out . works out good in tight spots.

starmac

Have you checked the play in the rear. A binding ujoint willstill feel tight, but also do some weird things, as will the slip joint on the driveshaft if it doesn't freely slip anymore. Generally you can pull the plug on the rear, and there will be metal in the oil, if it is starting to have a problem.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Ed_K

Timing of the ujoints?
Ed K

jmouton

i,ve had problems with my 2-speed before ,,,   usually the wiring ,,   but thats on my truck and not yours ,   sounds like something in your rearend  pinion gear  bearings?  or axle carrier bearings  or just put your other  axle in  ,,,,,just my 2-cent worth             

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

John Woodworth

I have in the past had the two speed mtr hang up due to sludge caused by condensation in the oil, simple fix, clean it out new 30 wt. oil.
Two Garret 21 skidders, Garret 10 skidder, 580 Case Backhoe, Mobile Dimension sawmill, 066, 046 mag, 044, 036mag, 034, 056 mag, 075, 026, lewis winch

Thank You Sponsors!