iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Whatcha NOT Sawin' ???

Started by terrifictimbersllc, May 22, 2015, 11:21:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrifictimbersllc

I have something to get off my chest.  I wasn't sawing much in the last week or so.  In fact not at all for a while.  But I did use some lumber. 

And I did use my tape measure.

And I got my Logrite dirty tending the camp fire.

Promising to try to be better now.  To try to make up for things here is 2600 bf pine from yesterday.

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

sealark37

They say that even an honest man will tell a lie about the size of his fish and the BF that he sawed today, but you provided pics for proof.  Good work!     Regards, Clark

azmtnman

8) 8) 8) 8)
Nice fish!
  I'm not sure I would use my cant hook as a fire poker though!  :D
1983 LT 30, 1990 Kubota L3750DT, 2006 Polaris 500 EFI, '03 Dodge D2500 Cummins powered 4X4 long-bed crew cab, 1961 Ford backhoe, Stihl MS250, MS311 and MS661--I cut trees for my boss who was a Jewish carpenter!

Chuck White

I like the looks of that Brookie!

Haven't seen one that big in years, congrats!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

beenthere

Quote from: azmtnman on May 22, 2015, 01:00:14 PM
8) 8) 8) 8)
Nice fish!
  I'm not sure I would use my cant hook as a fire poker though!  :D

Nor that hookaroon.   ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

stanwelch

Nice fish! 8). Wonder how a hookaroon would work as a gaff
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

WV Sawmiller

Sealark,

I didn't know it was lying when fish were involved. I thought it was mandatory to "embellish" a little.

TT,

Congrats on the fish. Looks like you had earned the break.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Nomad

I'd be braggin about that brookie too!
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Cedarman

I hear you can photoshop tape measures.

Nice fish!!!
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

dgdrls

Everything,  no time to saw this year thus far,  (No logs or calls either)
Close to having sold-off all my inventory.
Between work and family (kids home from college,
planning a new home). I'm flat out with no saw dust in the near future.
Still glad to be able to visit here

Best DGDrls

Billbob

I would have to say that is the perfect use of lumber! :laugh:
Woodland Hm126 sawmill, LS 72hp tractor with FEL, homemade log winch, 8ft pulp trailer, Husqvarna 50, Husqvarna 353, homemade wood splitter, 12ft dump trailer, Polaris Sportsman 500 with ATV dump trailer

FarmingSawyer

Not sawin my edging pile....or catching fish either. Too busy chasing the right boards to fill orders....

Thomas 8020, Stihl 039, Stihl 036, Homelite Super EZ, Case 385, Team of Drafts

Weekend_Sawyer

I'm not sawing using my bandsawmill.
There's nothing wrong with it I'm just having fun making wide thick slabs on my chainsawmill!
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

WLC

If I could catch Brook Trout like that I wouldn't want to sawmill either.  Haven't seen one that big in years and years.  NICE!!!!
Woodmizer LT28
Branson 4wd tractor
Stihl chainsaws
Elbow grease.

slider

Jon you had better put your grand paws goggles on while running that thing.
al glenn

terrifictimbersllc

I'll be fishing this weekend again!
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Southside

Where do you go?  Nice land lock by the way in the earlier photo.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

PAmizerman

Terrific
Just curious how many hours you put in to get 2600 ft? Did you have a helper? Do you run an edger? What dimensions of lumber?
Just curious because I have the same exact mill as you and busted my but the other day to get 1200 feet done in 8 hours
What can I do better?
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

Just Right

When all else fails . . . . .fishing cures all!!!!!!  35 lb Amber Jack out of Mexico Beach FL last weekend.  And you are right. . . . . when fish are involved  . . . . .a lil' embelishment is expected!
If you are enjoying what you are doing,  is it still work?

petefrom bearswamp

PAmizerman, I have often wondered about the volumes some of the guys report here too.
If I get 1500 or so of 4/4 in a long (7hr) day for me with a tail man I am doing extremely well.
I dont consider myself either inefficient or lazy.
to get the high volumes I would have to go at a dead run and have everything go perfectly.
One of these days I am going to try an efficiency study on my obviously poor sawing performance.
I must include though that when sawing Hemlock, getting around the shake takes up considerable time, and a lot of kindling and stickers are made.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

YellowHammer

Nice!  I've fished Mexico beach, great fishing and scalloping.  The beach run into the little inlet is fun, too.  
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Just Right

YH I've been fishing there for about 15 years.  Got a great guy I go with.  Always a great time.  We haven't done the scalloping thing though.  Always go out for the fishies.  Years ago when you could get a boat load at a time we would bring in 300 lbs of everything.  Now the seasons have changed all of that and its almost a boat ride and time to drink beer with the boys.  Either way. . . . . it ain't working!
If you are enjoying what you are doing,  is it still work?

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: Southside logger on May 01, 2018, 09:59:05 PM
Where do you go?  Nice land lock by the way in the earlier photo.  
Pix above several years ago now from Mooselookmeguntic lake near Rangely Maine, we stay at the Cupsuptic Lake campground.
My May 1 2018 comment was referring to going to the Farmington River, CT, near Pleasant Valley, we stay at pretty nice little cabins in the American Legion state forest just above there. 

Thank You Sponsors!