iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What is this.......Fungus?

Started by E-Tex, September 15, 2018, 08:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E-Tex

Can you help me identify this please?  I guess it's some type of fungus.  I'm in East Texas (Piney Woods).  It's been rainy and humid all week so I guess that has something to do with it.  I've never seen this in all my years.

My wife came in the house and asked if I had dumped a bunch of ice in the wood......lol.  I thought she was crazy.  But it sure looks like crushed ice.  I pushed it around with a stick and it was mushy and felt like jelly.

Just curious what it is.  Appreciate any help.

LT-50 Wide, Nyle 200Pro Kiln, Mahindra 6065, Kubota 97-2 / Forestry Mulcher 
L2 Sawmill LLC

Southside

Never seen anything like that before, odd for sure.
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Ljohnsaw

If they disappear in a few days of dry weather, then it is an additive to nursery potting soil call Soil Moist.  It is the stuff they use in disposable diapers to contain liquids.  So, did you plant a bunch of new plants recently or did someone bury a bunch of diapers in your yard? :D
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

E-Tex

no diapers, but we have over the years planted/replanted often.  And have dumped soil and such in this area.  nothing recently though.

Could be what it is!
LT-50 Wide, Nyle 200Pro Kiln, Mahindra 6065, Kubota 97-2 / Forestry Mulcher 
L2 Sawmill LLC

Ljohnsaw

My daughter went a little crazy with this stuff for her plants on the back porch.  Last winter a few got really soaked and the soil "grew" to about 3 or 4" over the top of the pots!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Southside

You didn't have a police chase come by did you? Someone tossed their cyrstal meth out?  >:(
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Crusarius

is it hard or gel like? I get jellyfish looking bubbles in my pond. filled with eggs. no idea what kind of eggs but there is alot of them and the gel bubbles hang around quite a while.

timberking

Jelly fungus of some sort but pic looks like neighbor made homemade ice cream and threw the salt over the fence.

Thank You Sponsors!