iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Coach's Handcrafted Guitar Auction!

Started by Jeff, September 21, 2018, 12:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

It is beginning now and with this topic!   Our auction software we used for auctions in the past is just no longer secure and to risky to use, so, we will do it the easy way, just make your bid here as a post. Here are the auction rules, and after that, I'll post the links to the topic about this awesome guitar.  Huge thanks to member @Coach for building and donating this fine instrument, and another huge thanks to member @goose63 for donating it back for an auction after winning it at this year's pigroast and thanks to @hackberry jake for supplying the osage used in the construction!

1. Auction begins when I hit the post button to start this topic.
2. Auction ends unofficially at 11:59 EDT September 30th
3. Auction ends officially if no bids are made after 8 hours have elapsed from the time of the last bid was made starting with the last bid made before the unofficial auction end time. This allows someone that really wants to still bid, and can't, due to connection or work restraints or something, to still bid.
4. Lets make this fun, don't kick up the bid by some huge amount. Limit your increases to $10.
5. Auction Winner is responsible for shipping and insurance costs.
6.Opening bid $100

You should choose to be alerted or notified when you post so you know if there were bids after yours.

HERE WE GO! 8)

INFO LINKS: (I have temporarily locked the follwing topics so someone doesn't inadvertently bid on one of them)
Draw for handbuilt acoustic guitar - get your name in in General Board

Guitar for auction in support of forum in General Board

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

ellmoe

Danny, I see you and raise you $10.   $120
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Banjo picker

Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

That last bid probably came from the "back 40".  ;D

$150
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Papa1stuff

1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

Mooseherder

WDH

Stephen1

Well I want to learn how to play the guitar, so I'm Raising the bid to $190
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Papa1stuff

62oliver

Husqvarna 266, Case 90xt, JD310C, TJ240E, 02 Duramax

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

jbpaxton

jbpaxton

62oliver

WDH

62oliver

$260

C'mon guys, we can't have coach working for $2 an hour
and besides, I can't play a lick!!

Stoneyacrefarm

Work hard. Be rewarded.

Stephen1

IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Stoneyacrefarm

Work hard. Be rewarded.

florida

What would this handmade guitar sell for on the market? Asking for a friend.

I answered my own question by looking on ebay where used one are going for $750.00 and new ones for up to $5700.00. 
General contractor and carpenter for 50 years.
Retired now!

Resonator

You're right in the price range florida, especially for a quality American made guitar. If you buy a professional luthier built one, the price can go WAY higher. 
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Mooseherder

Stoneyacrefarm

Work hard. Be rewarded.

Papa1stuff

Thank You Sponsors!