iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

090 check rings

Started by Henderson, July 20, 2011, 07:47:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henderson

Has anyone had the experience of setting end float on the 090. I re-built one recently and found the end float outside Stihl's limit of .4mm. Apparently different thickness of polymer check rings are used for this but I was unable to sourse any. I only could get check rings of 2.55mm. The saw runs but I am not sure what damage will occur eventually. My friend has run one for years with no problems and the end float is as it should be in around .3mm. 
In my case with bar and chain off, the clunking sound from end float (.65mm) is very noticable.
I need check rings of around 2.78mm.
Anyone got any ideas or know where I can pick these up? 

acco1840

I have the same problem with the clunk mate!! Am interested in some rings too.........

Henderson

I guess this was a tricky one. I got word from the techo guys in Stihl Germany saying that it is ok with that clearance, no need to adjust. It is set at that now and cant get any bigger. They used to provide different sizes of check rings but only do the one size now 2.55mm. They say that no damage will occur to the saw. No answer though as to why they changed away from the original settings???

Thank You Sponsors!