iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Its hickory

Started by mmartone, February 11, 2013, 10:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmartone

I'm enjoying this so much so I'll keep posting photos until someone tells me to stop. We slabbed up this hickory last night, I need to figure out how to sell this stuff, what should I ask?

Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

mesquite buckeye

Super nice. Bookmatch it up, then it will be irresistible.
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

lowpolyjoe

mesquite buckeye

Know which hickory????? ??? ??? ;D
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

mmartone

Yes, its log #3 of 5 logs... I have no idea the flavor, but its pretty! I was going to quarter saw up the last of it but might slab one and quarter saw the other.  So craigslist or what? What kind of pricing on something like this?
Remember, I only know what you guys teach me. Lt40 Manual 22hp KAwaSaki, Husky3120 60", 56" Panther CSM, 372xp, 345xp, Stihl 041, 031, blue homelite, poulans, 340

mesquite buckeye

Quote from: mmartone on February 11, 2013, 07:35:52 PM
Yes, its log #3 of 5 logs... I have no idea the flavor, but its pretty! I was going to quarter saw up the last of it but might slab one and quarter saw the other.  So craigslist or what? What kind of pricing on something like this?

Better see what you have left when it is dry first. Expect a lot of movement. Mine do......

WDH

I only sell after the slabs are dry.  Down here, I would ask about $3.00/BF for hickory slabs. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

mesquite buckeye

That sounds reasonable if you can get it. ;D

mmartone

Thank You Sponsors!