iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just met Jeff, Tammy and Stacy

Started by Ernie_Edwards, June 18, 2005, 05:22:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie_Edwards

Been lurking in the background for about 6 months now and am enjoying the Forestry Forum daily.

Just a retired mortgage broker who has worked at a desk all his life but wanted something better. Saw my first sawmill 4 years ago and just had to have one. Built a bandsaw mill with plans I bought from a guy in  Ky. First thing I ever built, and it works. Still have all my fingers and toes and a bunch of lumber for projects around the "Farm". Never have worked so hard physically in all my life but can hardly wait for sunup everyday so I can go out and play.

Anyway, My wife Darla and I were at a tractor show in Harrison, Mi this morning and who so I see but Jeff. Knew him from his pics on the Forum. He was there enjoying the tractor show with Tammy and Stacy.

They made me feel very welcome to the Forum and seemed happy I was there even if only silently.

Believe me, the Forum is the start to my day, everyday, with the first cup of coffe, and then the second and third as I wander thru all the words of wisdom for the day. I feel as if I have gotten to know quite a few of the regulars and look foward to meeting some of them at the pig roast.

Thanks to Jeff, his family and the Forestry Forum Family for the knowledge I get and the chuckles that are there when least expected.

I suspect there are a lot more folks out there like me who enjoy the Forum without posting, but feel as if they are a part of the group.

Ernie Edwards (yeah, another Ernie)

maple flats

Welcome aboard, you have found a great family. I too read the FF to start my day and everytime I get near the computer I make a quick check and then again late evening. This is addictive, but sure learn a lot. Every once in a while I try to help if I know just enough to get myself in trouble, but someone always bails me out. Nice place here.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Kirk_Allen

Welcome aboard Double E  ;D

I start every day with my FF fix.  Lots to read and learn and most of all, great folks!

JimBuis

Ernie, welcome to the forum! 8)  You are an inspiration to me. :)  Here I sit, living in Tokyo, Japan wishing I could own a mill,  :( having had about six different careers so far and knowing I'm going to have another one one day when I move back to the U.S.  You have done what I intend to do and that is jump into a big pile of home made sawdust and call it work. ;D ;D  Keep us informed of your adventures in coming months and longer, so I can learn from your experiences. :) :D ;D

Jim
Christian Academy in Japan
Tokyo
Jim Buis                             Peterson 10" WPF swingmill

sigidi

Hey there dbl E,

G'day from down under.

Mate you are a gonna for sure, now you have built your own and made sawdust, that's it, no modern medicine can help you, you is infected for the rest of your natural life!!! ;D :D

Ernie as for the mornin's, rountine calls for the baby to be stuck on the bus first, then as two eldest get ready I can just squeeze in an hour of FFT (Forestry Forum Therapy) with my breakfast and first two cups of tea. Like Kellog said no better way to start your day!! ;D ;)

Well you've met the boss, which some of us 'old timers' haven't even done, but you do need to get busy posting pics of ya setup.

You should know by now - "we love pics"

Welcome, welcome, welcome
Always willing to help - Allan

Jeff

It was great to Meet Ernie and Darla yesterday! We got to chat a little bit and then wander over together and watch the most dangerous looking shingle mill I have ever seen! It never fails when I forget my camera I regret it. Tammy and I are looking forward to visiting again at the Pig Roast, or maybe thier place soon as they dont live all that far away. Probably about an hour and a half. I want to see Darla's blacksmith shop! Darla's is the Blacksmithing business and also is the Blacksmith for the Buckley Old engine show, one of the biggest shows around.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

tnlogger

ernie welcome to the forum what a way to start meeting Da Boss and tammy. :). jump in get your feet wet
or grab a stump and listen to all the stories.  8)
gene

Ernie

Ernie

Welcome to the Forum

Don't you just hate the expression "In dead Ernest" :) :) :)

Ernie

A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Ernie_Edwards

Ernie,

Yes, I do.

Ernie (still alive and kickin)

Thank You Sponsors!