iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Interesting Machine

Started by Corley5, April 20, 2006, 11:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

Zach and I hauled our old MF 180 to Yoder's auction in Mt Pleasant today.  On our way down we stopped and picked up Jeff who went along for the ride 8) 8) 8)  After we got unloaded we toured the grounds.  The auction is a two day event.  Friday the lawn&garden, large tools, some horse stuff and other misc sells and Saturday the big stuff including tractors and farm equipment sells including the jewelry wagons and more horse stuff.  Lotsa good stuff, junque, and plain junk ;D  I had planned to go to the Hydro Seed Auction in Boyne Falls on Sat. but Dad and I decided tonight that I'd better go back to Mt Pleasant to make sure the tractor brings what we want.  Bid it back in ::)  I hate it when somebody does that to me ;) but I asked a couple of the yard hands there what something like that usually brings and I didn't like what I heard.  So he's going to Boyne Falls to cover that base  ;) ;D.  Back to the topic of the post.  Here's some pics of an interesting loader buggy/skidder that is on the line at Yoder's.  It may be a homebrewed machine.  If it is the builder/s were pretty accomplished in their skill.  The reason I say it may be homebuilt is some of the steel plate in the cab appears to have been badly pitted when it was incorporated into the machine.  The welds are all well done everything is square and it's been used 8)  Power is a slant 4 cylinder IH engine like the old Scouts used to have.  I think it was a four speed tranny but it may have been a three speed.  I didn't look that close.  The hydraulic pump is belt driven off the front of the engine.

It has a hydraulic winch on the back and it appears from the mounting brackets that it may have had some sort of a skidding arch on it.  In the other pics you can see the rollers on the top of it that allow the cable to be used to pull the machine forward 8).  Anybody ever see anything like ???  Kinda reminds me of a Bell feller buncher
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

getoverit

strange looking machine, but I can see where it might come in handy. It could move logs like a skidsteer, but because the rear wheel pivots it wouldnt tear up the grass/lawn for removing urban trees.

It may just be the way the pictures were taken, but it appears that there are 2 sets of forks, or that one set stays on the ground or just above it. is that an anti-tipping device? or is one set used for a thumb and the whole carriage comes up?
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Corley5

The top forks are for clamping the load.  They seem kinda straight to me

Jeff

I wanted ta take it home. ;D   Greg, what da ya figure it'll go for?  Probably way more then the 300 in mad money I have. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Do you remember what it was called? Bark buggy or some durn thing.

Corley5

Bush Wacker  8)  Hard to tell what something like that will bring.  Fifteen hundred ??? but I wouldn't be surprised if it goes for more

Corley5

It'd pretty handy with bale spear too if the loader goes high enough.

thecfarm

What state is Mt Pleasant in?That does look like a Bell feller buncher.I saw one of them work alot beside mine.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ernie_Edwards

Mt. Pleasant is in Michigan.

timberjack240

i personally like the color  ;D

maple flats

This might be THE machine for Ga Boy. Someone give him a call. 8)
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Jeff

Dont you dare give him a call. I'M going to that auction...  ;D

Corley5

So am I  ;) ;D :) :)  I'll haul it home for you :)

Jeff

Well, it went pretty cheap but way more money then I have right now. Actually really cheap. $1000 took it home. I did bid on a farmall with a frontend loader, but thats all I did was bid. In the bottom 40% of the bidding. :)   Greg brought a tractor home, problem was it was the one he took to the auction.  There was a little cub there with a push blade and a woods mower that went for $1150. This spring Amish auction is huge, there are probably 5 to 10 auctioneers going on the grounds at any given time.  Easy to miss stuff. There was a heck of a nice logging sled there. A reproduction. It was even pin striped. :D  I dont know what it went for though.

Jeff

Obviously fresh from the fence row dontcha think? :)

Tom

I love a sense of humor.  Some of these farmers sure have one, don't they?

Are those wheels supposed to have a rubber or wood/steel-rim tire?

SwampDonkey

I seen lotsa that stuff sitten on rock piles with woods growed up around it. ;D :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

wiam

Tom I don't think so.  I believe that you are looking at the wheels as they were.

Will

sawguy21

I would think those rims would get pretty beat up running like that. Rubber would make sense. From the size of the wood, it must have been parked for a lot of years. Neat.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Corley5

Whew!!  What a day ;D  Musta walked ten miles at Yoder's auction ::)  Didn't buy anything big which is fine.  Got a PTO unit for a 706 or similar Farmall for 15 bucks including the driveshaft for it.  There was also a wide front end and a hydraulic pump on the same pallet along with a set of hubs for axle duals.  I think these were parts someone stripped off their puller to make it lighter.  The old 180 only got a bid of $1,800.00.  No way I was going to let it go for that.  We had a good time.  The weather was pretty decent.  It rained a little a couple times but not enough to matter and when the sun did come out it got pretty warm.  I called Dad as I was going past Grayling on the way home and the Boyne Valley Hydroseed Auction was still in full swing and would be for quite a while so I jumped off 75 at Gaylord and headed over there.  I got there in time to see what we were the most interested in sell ;D  Dad had got a pair of front tractor tires before I got there.  Anyway we've got to go back tomorrow afternoon to haul the prizes home ;) ;D  Pics tomorrow.  I'm sure everyone will be impressed.  One of these treasures will sure help the iron enrichment program we've got in place for our soil :)  At least the scrap man didn't get it.  I've seen many of those old cultivators around, some in very good original condition and none had ever had anything but the steel you see.  You're supposed to pick up all those stones so they don't get beat up ;) :D ;D ;D :) :)

Tom

How much does it cost to "not" sell a tractor at Yoder's?  :)

Corley5

Jeff

Greg, my picture of the dangling Allis didnt turn out. :-\

sawguy21

The major equipment auction house in this area will not allow the seller to buy back and will blacklist anyone caught doing it. They don't want the seller driving the price up which turns bidders off. Gives everyone a fair chance.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Tom

I guess that's worth the trip.  Sometimes the auctioneer can get the crowd pumped up and get good prices.  That's gotta be worth $50.  :)

Thank You Sponsors!