iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dilema

Started by bkellyvtme, January 15, 2007, 10:11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkellyvtme

I just bought an old skidder this fall, and this January the people I work for just sent me to Scarbourough Maine.  :-[ I am wondering what I could subcontract out skidding for. No sense in having a machine sit and make payments. What is a fair price? Do people just do it on the weekends? Would it be hard to find work for it? Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Ron Scott

It's hard to say. It will probably depend upon if there are any "high volume" timber producers working near the area where you will located to make it worth your while.

If they are short on skdding needs or behind for a timely contract job completion, they might put you on for week-end work with your machine. The volume rate will usually be what the local going rate is for such work in the local area.

Check with and get yourself known by the local timber producers and mills first in the area to see what might be available.
~Ron

Coon

You could bring that machine on up here and I could skid some dandy logs with it.  What size of skidder is it?  If it wasn't so DanG far away I'd rent it from you for sure.  Heck I would even give you logs for partial or all of the rent.  But I think it would be a little fart to move it for a short time.

Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

bkellyvtme

Wish I was close enough to ya coon, I'd probably do it. Well, most people have project cars, I think I got a working project skidder. I think I might try to find some small jobs for myself inh VT. I live only 4.5 hrs from my home in VT. We will see.

woodmills1

lotsa log trucks in north NH and in maine bet ifin ya beats the pavement ya can find some jobs.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

bkellyvtme

Yeah, i figure I can find somethin. Have skidder will travel!

Thank You Sponsors!