iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Woodmizer LT15Go won't start...

Started by BtownCutter, November 02, 2014, 06:29:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BtownCutter

Folks, I need some advice.  I have a 2 year old woodmizer LT15Go with a Kohler 18 hp Vtwin.  It's getting fuel (fresh) spark and air--but it won't run without me directly injecting starter fluid.  I'm assuming fuel is not getting through the carburetor.  Before I haul it to my small engine repair guy, is there anything else I should try?  I haven't run it since February (too busy with my day job...).  Thank you. 
Wood-Mizer LT15-GO, JD5203, FX90, home built solar kiln and 60 acres of trees

Hilltop366

I would not use starter fluid, use mixed gas to prime.

Did you drain the fuel in the carb? If not try it to get some of the fresh fuel in the carb.

Warm weather and fuel left in the carb is a bad combination, there is a good chance it will have to come apart and be cleaned.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I hope by using starter fluid its not damaged.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

T Welsh

BtownCutter, I am not sure of that model, but Kohler uses a fuel cut off solenoid on there fuel systems on larger models. Check with a test meter that you are getting 12 volts to the lead wire when switch is turned on! If you have 12 volts then pull the solenoid and bench test it to see proper operation. Carb spray and pushing the plunger in and out while hooked up to 12 volts usually frees them up. Hope this helps, Tim

Tree Dan

I would do the same as above...Drain and clean the carb bowl
We use Stabil on all our small engins when they sit for a bit.
Wood Mizer LT40HD, Kubota KX71, New Holland LS150, Case TR270
6400 John Deere/with loader,General 20" planer, Stihl 880, Stihl 361, Dolmar 460, Husqvarna 50  and a few shovels,
60" and 30" Log Rite cant hooks, 2 home built Tree Spades, Homemade log splitter

4430jd

My LT15 will not start when hot. The problem was corrected by pulling wire off of the oil pressure  sender. Then reattach wire after engine starts. Woodmizer did send a new pressure sender ,but that did solve the problem.

BtownCutter

thank you all for the suggestions.  I'll start by cleaning the carb. 
Wood-Mizer LT15-GO, JD5203, FX90, home built solar kiln and 60 acres of trees

sealark37

I have stopped using alcohol-blended gasoline in my small engines and tractor.  Carb cleaning was beginning to be a regular chore.  The more expensive 100% gasoline causes no problems with the fuel systems and keeps me out of the shop.  Regards, Clark

Thank You Sponsors!