Previous topic - Next topic

mahonda

"If your lucky enough to be a logger your lucky enough!"
Burly aka Dad

mahonda

Burly aka Dad

treefarm

Really nice!!! I worked for Pope & Talbot in Oakridge, in the fall of 1971, setting chokers-brings back memories!
Treefarm

Norm

Now those are some nice logs!

Peter Drouin

Alot of BF, how much BF a load :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WDH

Mahonda,

Have a nice day!!!!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

And I love watching your game.  My sawmill would also smile if I had a load of those logs.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Nice smiley face in that first picture. I suppose the skidder is not grabbing onto 3-4 of them at one time? Many more that size to come out?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Woodchuck53

Just one time I would love to get involved with something that big. 20'x 38" syp is the biggest I have cut up so far. That was after the 8'6" butt cut. Fine load.

They must not be as tight on mud flaps there as they are in central Louisiana.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

mahonda

Only one at a time, but that was before we got the new toy ;). Most loads have been running forty seven hundred feet east oregon scale. The two bigger ones we had to load with two chokers wrapped around them. You cant see the big end its toward the cab. I don't know what the rule on mudflaps here is, but the truck was a "little" heavy, but it woulda looked funny with a small log :D
Burly aka Dad

Ron Scott

~Ron

Autocar

Enjoyed your pictures, for sure a dandy load of logs.
Bill

treefarmer87

VERY NICE PINE! what kind of prentice is that?
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

mad murdock

Nice load. Nice logs!  Where abouts are you in eastern ore? 
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

Banjo picker

Dad had a truck like that , would only haul about 4 logs at a time with it... :D...  ;)  .     Thats some nice looking logs.   Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

mahonda

410 prentice around 1980 I think. Im in wallowa the picture is from north of me about an hour.
Burly aka Dad

mahonda

Well got the scale slips back. It went 7,300 net. The big log on the truck was 1,200 alone.
Burly aka Dad

customsawyer

I really like those biguns. I may have to shut down the computer as my drooling my ruin the key board. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Thank You Sponsors!