iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cancer?

Started by maple flats, February 14, 2018, 11:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maple flats

I've spoken of this in a few other threads, but I'll try to give the whole story here. Back about 3 weeks or so ago I had an attack of diverticulitis. I was fairly sure what it was, and at the ER  they did a CAT scan to confirm it was indeed diverticulitis.  When the CAT scan was read the Dr also said I have a 3cm x3cm "lesion" on my left kidney.
Then I went to a urologist who did a sonogram and then read both the CAT scan and the sonogram and told me that with about 80% certainty I have cancer on my left kidney. At that point a biopsy was scheduled for yesterday, but the day before the biopsy was changed, because the blood thinner I was on was still in my system despite being off it for 5 days. I now was put on an injectable blood thinner and can take that every day 2x, morning and night until 5 days after the biopsy and that is now set for 2/21.
Once cancer is determined to be what that "lesion" is, I'll have robotic surgery to remove it. I could lose anywhere from 20% to the entire kidney. That won't be known until the surgery.
I will post more as it is discovered.
Prayers are appreciated, thanks.
Dave
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

51cub

My thoughts and prayers that all goes well from CT Dave
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

BradMarks

Raider Bill

DanGit Dave. Let's hope they are wrong
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

sandhills

Our prayers as well, we've dealt with this too much, and yes they can be wrong.  My step daughter has dealt with cancer since she was a baby, a few years back they removed a grapefruit size tumor from her maybe 90# body, it wasn't cancerous, hang in there we're with you.

sawguy21

Hang in there Dave, we are all pulling for you. Cancer is a miserable mistress, hard to find anyone that has not been touched by it.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

DanG cancer. Should be a law against it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

goose63

Prayers on the way.

You hang in there Dave you can beat this I beat mine in 88
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Banjo picker

Hang in there and keep your head up we are all pulling for you.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Darrel

Dave are in my thoughts and prayers.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

maple flats

Thank you all, it means a lot to have your support.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Just a bump in the road Dave. Praying you'll be fine.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Bruno of NH

Thinking of you and prayers sent
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Chuck White

Thoughts and prayers for you, Dave!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Bay Beagle

Prayers head'n Your way -

Treehack

Praying for good news from biopsy, successful surgery if needed, and strength for you to overcome.
TK 1220, 100+ acres of timber, strong left arm.

Ron Scott

Prayers sent and hope for good news.
~Ron

Corley5

Hope the biopsy proves no cancer and you're making syrup soon.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

petefrom bearswamp

Hope all turns out well for you.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

samandothers

Prayers for successful treatment.

Percy

Sending positive mojo your way Maple. Hoping for the best!
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

maple flats

My blood thinner instructions have been changed. I was first told to take the shot right thru the biopsy with no interruptions, Then I got a letter from my Biopsy Dr. telling my to skip the dose the night before and the day of, then resume then the day after. I hope they get it all right.
3 days away and counting right now, still hoping for the best.
Thanks all for the prayers.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Fingers crossed Maple and prayers your way brother.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Ed_K

Positive thinking is good.
Ed K

redneckman

Dave, you sure have my prayers.  My favorite verse in the Bible is Mathew 19:26.  "With God, all things are possible".  There has been times in my life that I was pretty low and that verse pull me through it.  It has became a cornerstone of my life, so I made it part of my business logo.  God has blessed me to live my dream, and it is only fitting to share with others what HE has did for me. I am pulling for you brother.  Remeber 19:26.  Keep us informed.

Thank You Sponsors!