iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cancer is the worst

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, November 26, 2014, 09:16:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

At 5 am this morning, I lost my first cousin Sandy.
She was a 51 year old school teacher from Forest City N.C.

I've never seen anyone fight so hard battling, what the doctors said were so many types of cancers.

Everything in the book was tried and nothing helped.
She kept a smile and was ready for heaven.

I just wish I had half the strength she had battling a disease that really needs to be beat. But in the end.....she won.

Rest in Peace Cuz......I'll see ya after while.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Autocar

Sorry to hear about your lose we also lost a friend the day before from cancer. Scary stuff for sure.
Bill

Bill Gaiche

Sorry for your loss. Cancer has no friends. bg

sawguy21

I am sorry Poston, it is difficult. Hard to find anyone that has not been touched by the big C, my wife lost a kidney six months after we married. Never been so scarefd in my life.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

goose63

goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

sandhills

Very sorry to hear that David.

Chuck White

Sorry for your loss, David.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

clww

Very sad to hear of your family's loss of your cousin. Cancer causing a loss such as this is difficult to comment on, as it is hard to express how much the individual that has departed meant to those around her. We have fought it off five times here in our house between my wife and myself.
Hang in there because we will all meet up again very soon.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Magicman

I offer my sincerest condolences to you and your family David.  Rest in Peace Sandy.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Delawhere Jack

WmFritz

My deepest sympathy, David. These kind of losses are are hard on the loved ones left behind.

I had a friend from High School that eventually married my Sister. He was another Brother to me and one of my dearest friends. 4 years ago, the day after his 50th birthday, he was diagnosed with an aggressive Melonoma. 11 weeks later, he was gone. My Sister cannot get over her grief.

Stay strong for all her loved ones my friend.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Holmes

David sorry for your loss.  Worst is a real good word to use. My wife is fighting it now. :(
Think like a farmer.

drobertson

Real sorry for your family's loss,, it is just hard to go through the battle with such a high hope, only to face the end.  And you are right, those ready in some way make it easy for their loved ones.  all I can say is Grace abounds!  and mercy is present,, Our thoughts and prayers are going out for the family's comfort in this time of loss. 
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

isawlogs

Sorry for your loss, words are not easy to come by in times like this, my condolences to you and the family  :(
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

yukon cornelius

So sorry for your loss! Prayers sent your way!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Ljohnsaw

David, sorry for your loss.  I just lost a good friend on Friday and my wife 4½ years ago.  Just to much cancer...
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

barbender

Sorry, David- and all the rest of you that have experienced loss due to cancer.
Too many irons in the fire

pine

timberlinetree

So sorry to hear. You and her family our in our thoughts and prays.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

ND rancher

Sorry for your loss David!It seems that it is running crazy everywhere,and it doesn't care if your 1 or 90! Since my wife's passing there have been so many people I know or have heard about with cancer it scares me.My grief group adviser was 3 sessions in when she found a lump and had to have surgery within a week cause it was so aggressive, She came back to work less than 2 months latter,strong woman.
TimberKing B-20.  Have been bitten by the bug! Loving life !

Left Coast Chris

Our sincerest condolences David.   So sad to loose a close loved one.   Our prayers are going out for her and your family's comfort and strength at this time of loss.
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Cornishman

Sad news David.
Hard times but I hope you take some comfort from the support of your friends on this forum. I am new here but I would like to send our condolences from over the water.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I appreciate all your thoughts and prayers. Thank you so much!  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!