iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

kids with cancer.

Started by EZ, December 09, 2014, 08:43:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ

With all the let's just say bad people in this world that life is good for them in this world and then we have all our kids thats suffering and dying with cancer. I'm just having a really hard time with this. This is all I think about and I can't do anything about it. I do Pray for all the kids in the world but I feel it's just not enough. EZ

pineywoods

The shining light in that sad situation is St Jude Childrens Research Hospital. One of the few charities I gladly support, even with a meager fixed income..
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Ron Wenrich

Penn State students have a charity called THON.  It's a dance marathon and it raises money for pediatric cancer.  These kids go onto the streets with cans soliciting donations.  There's 15,000 volunteers.  They've partnered with the Four Diamond Fund at the Hershey Medical Center.  Money goes for research and to support the families and kids that have cancer.  It's the largest student run philanthropy in the world. 

This year they raised $13.3 million.  The first year was $2,000.  They've come a long way, and have raised a total of $114 million.  Annual costs are only 4% of the money raised. 

It pales in comparison to St Judes.  But, the scope of the function is much smaller than St Judes, which goes into all 50 states, and several foreign countries.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

dgdrls

No child should suffer, period.  Bless you guys,  I believe you have good souls and gentle hearts.

DGDrls

chain

Quote from: EZ on December 09, 2014, 08:43:35 AM
With all the let's just say bad people in this world that life is good for them in this world and then we have all our kids thats suffering and dying with cancer. I'm just having a really hard time with this. This is all I think about and I can't do anything about it. I do Pray for all the kids in the world but I feel it's just not enough. EZ

You are not alone EZ. Somehow, we cope with the reality of an imperfect life through prayer and fellowship.

"and the least..shall be first."

sawguy21

We have been very fortunate, we have not had to deal with child cancer in our family so far. I cannot imagine a greater pain.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Darrel

I've seen kids die and felt the pain of life without a little one that I loved very much. Those who have the courage and fortitude to make caring for kids with cancer their life work are heroes in my book!
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

timberlinetree

My heart and prays go out to all who have had to deal with a sick child. I have seen the pain and felt the loss ( our niece little Jessica and Mikey who lived next door and was the foster kids brother fighting cancer). Marcia & I know the feeling Mr ez. We are just starting a nonprofit organization to help kids in need calling it "for kids sake" but it just in planning stage. What we plan on doing is acquireing old swing sets, fixing them up and setting them up at a sick child's home. For hospital bound/shelter kids we plan on growing pumpkins. We feel that even for just one minute a kid can block out the pain and be happy it's worth the effort. It's nice to know that ff members have a big hearts!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

EZ

I am well aware of all the help we can help these kids but my point is even if I had all the money in the world and gave it to help them I would still feel it's not enough. I guess what really bothers me is people say that they do have a cure but they won't bring it out because of the money making thing they have going. Don't know if they do have a cure or its just here say but if they do have a cure and are letting these kids suffer....... I guess I better let it go at that. I am also Blessed that my kids and grandkids don't have to go threw what these kids do. EZ

pineywoods

There are some successes with treatment, not a cure, enough to sustain hope. I know one couple whose daughter was born with kidney cancer. Today, that little girl is a teenager with good chances for a normal life, thanks to St Jude.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

sandhills

My step daughter was diagnosed with leukemia at 9 months old, she's now a beautiful 23 year old, thyroid cancer when she was in junior high and a LOT of other reprecusions? from all the treatments she had as a baby, she was the first infant to survive what she went through.  Probably not what we'd call a "normal" life but she graduated  college, works part time as a CNA and is back in school to get her masters (no I'm not proud at all  ;D).  No cure I know of but the treatments have come a long way.  A local radio station has a fund raiser for St. Judes every year, want a good cry just listen for the day, they do have a lot of fun with it too, getting local people/businesses to try and out do one another, a very good cause.

Chuck White

I agree, St Jude is a shining ray of hope for lots of kids.

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

timberlinetree

St. Jude does a great job from what I herd. I would like to see a cure but think this country need to focus on prevention. What they put in our food, what we smoke, drink, work with and exposed to all depends on the dollar not health. It's to bad! I am very thankful that some progress has been made and Mr sandhills your story of your step dauter accomplishments is really heart touching.
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Thank You Sponsors!