iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My cancer journey

Started by Ed_K, July 11, 2016, 07:34:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Autocar

What a great Christmas present Ed !
Bill

thecfarm

Bingo!!!!  :)  That made my day!!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

submarinesailor

Good for you Ed!!!!!!!!
Bruce

YellowHammer

Ed! Hallelujah!  Merry Christmas!
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

chet

Great news Ed, you and Rita have a Merry Christmas, and many more New Years.  :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Roxie

What a relief after this year and a half journey!  Happy New Year, indeed!
Say when

Dakota

Great news Ed.  That's got to be a relief.
Dave Rinker

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Ed_K

Thanks to everyone. This is indeed a Great Christmas present.
Ed K

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

samandothers

Stephen Alford

Your lantern is bright my friend..you will help show others the way.  God bless   :)
logon

barbender

Merry Christmas, and God bless, Ed!
Too many irons in the fire

Ron Scott

~Ron

Ed_K

An addition of thing's to keep an eye on. On Thurs. I was admitted to the hospital for 2 days from colitis. As we understand it, it's an intestinal infection. When your white blood cell count goes below recommended levels you have a greater chance of getting an infection. So washing hands is one of the best ways to keep infections down. Also check with a dietitian as food has a great impact.
Ed K

thecfarm

There is alot to it. :(   
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Cut back on the cheese. ;D

Hope all is well Ed. :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ed_K

It's been a week now and I'm hovering between feeling ok and feeling sick to my stomach. And that feeling can go back and forth all day long. Been off the chemo meds for 3 weeks now and I think this has something to do with this latest problem. Thur. I can start the chemo meds again but only for 14 days on 14 days off to see if this changes things. Dr. said he didn't think my body can handle 21 on 7 off. Did 2 turns twice and both times the white blood cells suffered for it. Guess we'll see ;D .
Ed K

Ed_K

Today is my 1st birthday 8) a year ago today they returned my stem cells back into my body. They harvested them a month before. On the 22nd of march 2017 they gave me a real high dose of chemo therapy,to kill the cells then waited 2 days for the chemo to work. With the stem cell transplant on the 24th it was to put good cells back in and keep the Multiple Myloma to a minimum that way they can keep it under control. Long winded definition of being 1 yr old ;D .
Ed K

samandothers

Happy Birthday!🎉🎂 

Are ya gonna tear into a cake barehanded?

thecfarm

Roxie

A birthday is good news, but this one is awesome!  :)
Say when

redneckman

Ed, 
My heart goes out to you and your family.  I personally have never battled cancer, but like so many others, I have lost close family members to it.  Both my dad and my grandad passed away from lung cancer.  I think about that a lot.

With that said, I am praying for you brother.  I do not know if you are a religous person or not, but I know God heals.  He has a plan for you and He told us that He would never challenge us with something that we could not overcome with His help.  I have gone through many peaks and valleys in my life.  When I have been on a peak, it would not be long till I was in a valley.  I have wondered about why that is.  Then, God revealed to me one day why; when someone is on a peak, there is no room to kneel.  When all is great in my world, I have a way of slipping away a little from God.  Then, something will come along that makes my head spin.  Plus, they seem to get harder everytime.   I beleive God puts us in the valleys to test our faith in Him.  Like I said, I have been through many valleys before.  Sometimes, I became very mad at God, and it took time to work through that.  But, everytime my relationship with Him became stronger.  God Bless you, and keep us informed.

Ed_K

Thanks all for the happy birthdays 8) .
 redneckman; I have gotten many prayers from the membership here,and I believe that the prayers have really helped. Personal messages have also helped,  as it reminds me that god will be with me through my journey 8).
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!