iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fool Bird

Started by Peter Drouin, May 06, 2015, 09:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Drouin

I herd a bang and crash went to look and this thing is breaking my windows on the barn.
fudd-smiley

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Chuck White

He's most likely just tapping out his "love call" trying to attract a mate.

Around here, they usually use a metal roof or and old metal posted sign.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

Don't miss the shot or you will have another pane broken.  ;D  We have Cardinals that "fight" their reflection in my shop windows, but at least they do not break them.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

We occasionally hear a loud thump where a wren or such hits the front window. I have a rocking chair in front and the dog food sack next to it they raid regularly. I guess they see themselves and are trying to protect their stash. I've know of Mockingbirds and redbirds attacking their reflections in windows and car mirrors. As a kid our local community store had one of the old square kerosene tanks in front of the picture window and a Cardinal would light and fight his reflection.

(Remind me to tell you the war dance Miz Elsie Davis did there the day a cricket got out of the paper bag she had him in and got down her dress. The local kid did not have a cricket cage for his fish bait so she put a dimes worth of them in a small paper bag like she sold candy in. DWTS have nothing on her!)

As a kid we had a tennis court at the HS and we had red and white woodpeckers who would make a gosh-awful racket pecking on the metal light covers to the tennis court lights. They had to have enjoyed the noise because no way they could ever dig out a grub on the metal.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Den Socling

We have had robins attack windows. I read that they see their reflection as intruders in their territories.

Peter Drouin

Now that the window is junk he left  ::) ::)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!