iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What Kind of Range are you Using?

Started by fstedy, November 29, 2008, 11:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fstedy

I've had a 30" Dacor Dual Fuel for about 10 years now. Nice big burners with the slide across grates makes it easy when using oversize pots. The electric convection oven bakes great and the gas ceramic broiler really does a steak nice. Had a two circuit board problems but they replaced them one was even out of the warranty period.
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Norm

I've got a vulcan commercial stove. Cooks well but I've worked on it so many times with new regulators and thermocouples I'd not own another one. In my dream kitchen I'd like just a cook top and use stacked ovens that have convection in them.

Tom

We've got a Tappan 2000 gas range that has served us well for 15 years.  But, to be honest, I like the food cooked on the open fire pit in the backyard the best.  It's just not very convenient.

fstedy

Norm
I agree with you on the stacked ovens its sure nice having a second oven.

Tom
Every thing is always better over open flame to bad we can't have one inside.
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Raider Bill

I bought a new fridgidare 5 burner gas stove from lowes for the Tenn house. Got it in place, changed the orifaces but one burner wouldn't fire. This is what I found.

Took it back to Lowes who told me that I had to call Fridgidare to get this fixed even though they had 2 more in stock they would not swap it out.

Called Frigidare then had to call a repair service who said it would be 7 days before they could get there. I told them what needed to be replaced so they could bring one out but they would not order it until they looked at it.

Another 10 days waiting for the part.

I do like the stove but the service stunk!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

cheyenne

That's why i don't do big box stores. I would have made them take it back or given me my money back or they would have had to call the cops....Cheyenne
Home of the white buffalo

cheyenne

Norm....I don't understand the problems your having, maybe I can help. I remanufactured restaurant equipment for 30 years. Vulcan is a good middle of the road commercial stove. Even though the old ones were a lot better than the new ones, The weight differance tells the story. Also god forbid you ever have a fire the insurance co. won't pay off because thier not approved for residential use. Bet you know what i have in my house. Would be glad to help.....Cheyenne

Norm

Thanks Cheyenne I appreciate the offer. Hopefully I've got the problems worked out. A couple of years ago they came out with new regulators and thermocouples for this model. I bought a pair for the ovens and have yet to have any problems with them (knock on wood). :D

I'm hoping to redo my kitchen in a couple of years and I'm going to sell this stove and get a residential model. The insurance companies already have enough excuses not to cover things I'm hoping to limit them.

cheyenne

Check out the wolf or viking. But wolf is the best...Cheyenne

Raider Bill

This whole stove problem started the week before thanksgiving, Today they came and fixed it. Got to love that fast service ::)
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Norm

Thanks Cheyenne, I was leaning towards the Wolf. I had a Viking in my old house and even though it was a decent stove I felt it was overpriced for what you got. Not that all the high end residential ones aren't, that's why I tried out the Vulcan.

cheyenne

The only differance between residential & commercial units is more insulation, electronic ignition & btus & the stupid price differance. If it were me i'd stick with the commercial unit & if i were worried about the standing pilot i'd just close the gas valve behind the unit when not in use, will save gas too. Happy Cooking...Cheyenne

timberfaller390

If I'm cooking it's on the wood cookstove out in the shop.
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

ErikC

Ever since I can remember my mom has been cooking on a big 6 lidded wood cookstove.
In 30 years it has never needed a service call. But I don't know about what happened the first 50 years before she got it. :D

Erik
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

Don_Papenburg

We got a Viking single electric convection oven . and a DCS 5burner cooktop it is made by Fisher Price er a fisher paykal or something like that.  Very much like the viking cooktop .    Hope the Viking is a good one   I was looking for  Wolf but the outfit we got our appiances from stopped selling SubZero and anything related to them ,because they had too many servicve problems that the company would not fix.
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

pigman

A thirty year old Hotpoint. ::)   Well, it still works. 8)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Thank You Sponsors!