iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

seat for woodmizer LT40

Started by Mike_Doolittle, May 12, 2004, 11:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike_Doolittle

2years ago I bought a seat to go with my LT40 and have never used it...well I tried once.  Maybe I'm not a good enough sawyer but it seems that I need to move around too much.  I'f I can't find a good use for it, I'll part with it at a good price.  Any suggestions?
Mike

WeeksvilleWoodWorx

Mike,

I bought one as well, and took it off. Unless your off bearer is going to do everything else I find it to much trouble getting in and out of.

Brian
Brian - 2004 LT40HDG28 owner.

Bibbyman

We once had a WM mill with a seat,   I got to where I could do a lot right from it.  (Although I had to un-hook it and re-hook it to get on and off – they didn't build it with a full-figured man in mind.)   I'd ride up to take a measurement or to inspect a face,  clear a piece of bark, etc.  

It worked well when you had someone to offbear but was of little help when sawing by yourself and would actually be in the way if you left it on the mill and just un-hooked and pushed back.

But the biggest problem that caused us to take it off and hang it on the wall was the appearance that the sawyer had it too easy.  "All you did was ride back and forth." Would come from Mary who never used it when she sawed.

We let it go with the mill when we sold it.  Or new WM has Command Control so we couldn't have used it anyway.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Swede

Once I saw a WM with that seat, no it can´t be made for a human. The sawyer sat as a hen hanging out over the log and looked. Siting up on it I first have to break one of my legs, hangin aside over the log should break my back.

I´ve been told that people by ONE of these and never more. In a cold climate I also think you´ll feel cold siting there all day.
With out an offbearer you also have to run a lot around the front end of the mill. Perhaps if it could be placed the other side.................. :-/.

On Amerika-Sågen I´ve placed the remote control in front end  at the side i load the logs (the same side as WM). The boards I pull over a whide roll also in the front end of the frame. Boards I have to saw again I just puch on the ground the "wrong" side of the mill. Works good for me, with or with out an offbearer.

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

hilltop

What is the cheapest seat i can get off you fellows? and do you have any pictures of one?

Oregon_Sawyer

I bought a seat for my LT70 and got to use it on the last job.  Working by myself I don't think it is an advantage but on the last job I had three people loading and offbearing for me.  It worked pretty good after I got them trained on how to do the flitches.

By the way I am 6'3'' and over 300 lbs (think line backer, well sorta ;D) and I can get in and out of my seat fairly easily.

Down side for me is you eat more sawdust than walking behind the head.

Loren
Sawing with a WM since 98. LT 70 42hp Kubota walk behind. 518 Skidder. Ramey Log Loader. Serious part-timer. Western Red Cedar and Doug Fir.  Teamster Truck Driver 4 days a week.

Swede

Oregon_Sawyer. You must have been practising a lot jumping on and off or Your seat is not placed as the one I saw on that LT 40.  :D ;D :D

Swede.
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

Bro. Noble

I love ours.

I use it on some logs and not others depending on the end product and how much help my son needs offbearing.  It sure is nice to give my old achy bones a rest now and then :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

RMay

I like the seat on my Lt-40 working with a off bearer . But you want the wind to your back 8)
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

smwwoody

Hummm I need a new seet for the tractor
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

Thank You Sponsors!