iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna 55 Air Injection

Started by brettl, April 12, 2014, 09:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brettl

I don't know Husqvarnas very well but I see a 55 Air Injection from a local seller for $100, looks identical to some I've seen with the 55 Rancher label. It looks good in the pics and he says it starts and runs great, and is 2 years old.  Is this a farm and ranch grade design or just a Poulan in orange? Tried to upload pics but couldn't. Thanks.

SawTroll

It is a Swedish made Husky, not a Poulan - and it has a magnesium case. That family of saws were concieved as "farm saws" from the outset.
Information collector.

celliott

If it's only two years old, it's probably a 455 rancher, which is different than an older 55.
But if it is really a 55, then it is a split mag case like sawtroll said, and constructed pretty ruggedly.

A picture will tell for sure  :)
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

celliott

I see you said you had difficulty uploading the pictures. Well lets try this, which one does it look like?

This is an older model, rugged, 55

This is a plastic, box store, 455 rancher

Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

brettl

It's the first. Has 55 Air Injection on the decal and 55 in blue on top. I missed it though. Was busy all day with family and it sold. :( $100 was a good buy if it ran as good as it looked. Not a pointless topic though, I watch cl all the time so I'll know not to dally on this saw at this price when the next one comes around. ;)

Thank You Sponsors!