iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Today didn't go so good

Started by Gearbox, June 07, 2017, 10:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gearbox

I started this morning putting the fresh rebuilt 272 XP on the processer . Fired it up warmed it a bit made one cut worked great . Second cut did well until it came out of the cut and went to idle . Melted down again . Going to another rebuilder to see if he can figure it out . meanwhile I will keep on using the wore out 044 .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Canadiana

What did you use for an intake/carb etc? Did you attempt to stay stock or mix it up?
The saw is more fun than the purpose of the wood... the forest is trembling 🌳

mattyo5

Why did the saw need a rebuild in the first place?  What was the reason for the first meltdown?
Woodland Mills HM126 Sawmill - modded
Husqvarna 385xp rebuilt and ported
Husqvarna 372xp rebuilt and ported
2x Husqvarna 350 ...rebuilt and ported
Hitachi CS33etdb top handle saw

Gearbox

If I knew the reason for the first meltdown there wouldn't have been a second or third . Yes all stock parts . The only thing I can see would be a leak in the carb itself or the intake joint . This time it will get a new carb and joint .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

khntr85

Did you replace bearings and seals....didnyou replace intakenboit...

Gearbox

Seals not the bearings . If he can get a 2171 done soon enough it will go for a parts saw .

Gearbox

Well you get a saw to a good mechanic and you find out why it melted down . some one befor me changed seals and used a screwdriver to get them out . Gouged up the case and even sealant won't stop the air leak . so he had a used 475 Pouland pro saw . 75 cc of pure grunt the BT6870 loves it . 272 XP to the parts pile .

Thank You Sponsors!