iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

husky 61 chainsaw

Started by ed in idaho, June 08, 2017, 06:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ed in idaho

what is a husky 61 in good running order worth (ballpark)

thanks Ed

BradMarks

Same 61 from the 80's?  Whatever you are offered for it seems reasonable. Is $150 too much?, $100 too little?.  Those were a $349 saw back when I bought them, if my memory is correct, and it might not be!

MrWhoopee

White, gray or orange top? Straight 61 or 61 Rancher? I paid $150 for my white hat 61 Rancher, wouldn't run but fired off when fuel was shot down the carb. A new fuel line solved that problem. I probably paid a little too much.
It's about to become a 272xp.
Phineas J Whoopee

Burning pine & hoarding oak

petefrom bearswamp

Bought a 61 in 93, for about the price mentioned.  my son still uses it but plans to upgrade.
no idea what one is worth.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

MrWhoopee

White hat Rancher, $175
Who knew they were a collector's item

craigslist ad removed by Admin, refer to forum rules
Phineas J Whoopee

Burning pine & hoarding oak

mike_belben

61 is my favorite saw to build.  I buy em basket case for sub $50 then put a chicom 72cc jug on with a 2ring ebay piston, then weld on a dome, epoxy the crankcase, drill and tap a decompression and hang a 24" bar on it.  Then usually either sell or permanently loan to my dad like an idiot :lol:
Praise The Lord

bladerunner

Quote from: ed in idaho on June 08, 2017, 06:03:58 PM
what is a husky 61 in good running order worth (ballpark)

thanks Ed

cheap

i wouldn't pay more than $150 AUD

sellers here want around 250 - 500 dollars
dreamers
for the same money you could get into a husky 359

Spike60

Not so much dreamers as hoping to sell to the collector/hobby world, which always brings more money, instead of just the average saw user. A more extreme case might be a 2100CD that would be very interesting to the hobby type, but is only an old, heavy saw that is hard to start for most people.

I agree with $150 being the ceiling for a 61 unless the thing is one of those saws that spent it's life in a case and is in mint condition. Most 61's out there tend to be the older twin coil types. The newer single coil saws had more models in the Husky catelog to compete with, such as the 257 and open port 268's.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

sawguy21

There is a 2100 on the local Craigslist that I don't need but would like just cuz. However I won't pay the asking price of $450. I might go 200 if it is in particularly good condition but any large falling saws around here have been rode hard and put up wet.
I display saws with our local collectors club, I get people wanting to talk to me about the saw their grandpa used that is now in the back of the shed.  They seem to think if I collect them it must be worth big bucks  ::). I tell them I have never paid more than $75 for a saw they lose interest.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!