iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Replacement Caulks Wrench/Socket

Started by THPtech, March 06, 2008, 07:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

THPtech

I seem to remember running across a caulk socket that fit on a 3/4 rachet. I have a nice wrench but I'm always lookin for trick little things. Does anybody know where I can find one?

beenthere

Welcome to the forum. Hope you pull up a stump and stick around.  :)

Caulk to me is oozy material shoved into cracks to seal them up.

Not heard of a caulk wrench....but maybe you have something else in mind, or I'm just not tuned in..(dat happens   ;D)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

johncinquo

Baileys has em.  I think they're on sale in the new catalog.
To be one, Ask one
Masons and Shriners

Kevin

There are many calk wrenches available but I'm not aware of a calk socket for a 1/2 or 3/4 drive ratchet wrench.
3/4 seems a little excessive.

sawguy21

:D The t-handle is quite adequate.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

arojay

Well,  if a guy had a lot of caulks to replace, he could cut off the handle of the t-wrench and use it in a 3/8 drill.
440B skidder, JD350 dozer, Husqvarnas from 335 to 394. All spruced up

ibseeker

beenthere, I think the caulks they're talking about here are the ones that loggers use when working on floating logs.
The key phrase here is "I think"......maybe someone else will clue us in
Chuck
worn out poulan, Stihl 250SC, old machete and a bag of clues with a hole in the bottom

THPtech

Holy crappola 3/4 is a little big huh. Ha. My bad, I meant 3/8.

Forum: 1
THPTech: 0

beenthere

Quote from: ibseeker on March 06, 2008, 11:40:47 AM
beenthere, I think the caulks they're talking about here are the ones that loggers use when working on floating logs.
The key phrase here is "I think"......maybe someone else will clue us in

I think you are right...I missed that and did know about caulked boots.  ::) ::) ::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Tillaway

Wesco's need an odd ball wrench kind of like a socket.  Every one else uses the two pin type.  I had one T handle wrench where the handle would slip off and you could chuck it in a drill.  No more buggered knuckles, I always hated replacing corks.  Too bad i lost both wrenches, I have been suffering with nubs for quite a while.  I really need to find one of those wrenches.  The one with the plastic T handle that comes off is the nicest I have found.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Paul_H

Tillaway,

remember the pound ins? I used to replace some peoples pound in caulks for a 12 pack.Had a last,puller and a driver and used cedar or old shoe lace to shim.My knuckles took a beating when pulling out the old worn out caulks. :)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Tillaway

Paul,
Yep, had a pair of Buffalo Fly-wieghts.  Up until about 2000 or so there was still one old boot shop that was using them down in Roseburg.  Apparently they had quite a stock of them or were making their own.  I never replaced them myself, I sent them to the shop.  About the time I started to shed them it was time for new soles anyway.  I still have the boots rebuilt as corks twice and vibrams twice.  I finally wore threw the leather on the curve by the instep and the boot shop said that was all I could get out of them.  They did patch the hole though.  Anyone want a "slightly" used pair... cheap.  ;D ;)
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Thank You Sponsors!